cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Red light after initial setup - Add on disc - Whole Home Wifi

Go to solution

Hello,

I've bought an add-on disc. On following the steps in the app and instruction booklet, I connect the disc to the router (Virgin Media Hub 3) with ethernet cable, power it on and it goes through the steps until I get a solid blue light. The app then tells me to power off the disc, disconnect the ethernet cable and move it to the new location and power it on. As the disc boots up, it goes from purple -> flashing blue -> solid red.

I've tried multiple locations, restarting the router, restarting the whole home network but I still get a solid red light on the one add-on disc. I've tried factory resetting the disc as well. 

Am I missing a step? Could the wifi part of the disc be faulty? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Red light after initial setup - Add on disc - Whole Home Wifi

Go to solution

@nitches 

You need at least two discs (White). One must always be left connected to your router. They do not connect via wireless.

I assume you are using the white BT Whole Home discs?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Are you sure it's a Wholehome disc? it will be white if it is, if it's black then it's Complete Wi-Fi and will only work with the BT Smarthub 2

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

It's definitely whole home (white discs). Already have a 3 disc setup. The problem I'm having is with the 4th add on disc. Exactly the same discs.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

There are two types of the white discs, the Wholehome disc and the Premium Wholehome disc and I believe I'm right in saying that they are not compatible.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Definitely the same. The premium discs look different. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Got there in the end. In case any one experiences the same problem:

Factory reset all discs by pressing button in back of disc for 1 second. Allow disc to boot back up and go to solid blue/orange/red. 

Turn off discs and remove power.

Remove power and ethernet cable from main disc.

Restart router. 

Turn on main disc and connect ethernet cable.

Open app and follow directions for the original pack size you bought. You'll now go through the setup process for your original discs. 

Once that's complete go to the app and add additional disc.

Follow the instructions. IMPORTANT: When the light goes solid blue when connected by ethernet cable, leave it connected for 60 seconds. 

Move the disc to the desired location and it should boot up to either a solid blue/orange light.

0 Ratings