Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sammo02
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Reset router to clear cache

Hi

Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can help. I keep getting told  by different people that regularly rebooting my router will clear its internal cache and help it run better. This is important becaue I'm hosting online webinars and round tables etc... from home these days.

I'm set up with the latest sky router (SR203?) and BT whole home mini wifi and its... good now I've got it set up. 

My question is - is it true that rebooting helps clear the router's memory? And if I do this do I ALSO need to reboot the whole home mini network to clear its cache too.

Sounds a bit like the sort of IT thing those who don't know tell other people who don't know to sound clever to me, so would be interested to see if there is any point in reseting the router and if so if I need to reset the discs too.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Reset router to clear cache

as a SKY customer and not BT Retail have you posted your question about your router on the SKY user forum

Resetting the router is never a good idea unless necessary as stable connection best

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

0 Ratings
sammo02
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

ok thought someone here would be able to answer because it is about the BT whole home wifi discs I am using. I'll ask there.

0 Ratings