cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Restrict Disc that a device or group can connect to

Evening all, I have BT whole home premium with 3 satellites / discs and I’m wondering if there is a way to specify or limit which devices can connect to individual satellites / discs. 
It seems I have a big overlap of signal and some devices which are closer to one satellite connects to one further away, sometime resulting in intermittent connectivity or slowdown. Aiming to avoid that. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Restrict Disc that a device or group can connect to

Hi @Mpcham welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your query. 

It would be best to contact the WHW product team for help with this. You can call them on 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Restrict Disc that a device or group can connect to

I have Complete WiFi as opposed to Whole Home Wifi, so it might be different. I have found that once a device has connected to a disc or the router, it does not usually switch to another automatically even if that has stronger signal. If I disconnect the device from WiFi, take it near to the disk/router that I want it to connect to and then reconnect to WiFi, the device it will connect to the correct disk/router .

0 Ratings