cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pekingduck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Returning BT Equipment

I need to return my BT TV boxes but am unsure exactly what I need to send back.  Anyone got any idea?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Returning BT Equipment

@pekingduck wrote:

I need to return my BT TV boxes but am unsure exactly what I need to send back.  Anyone got any idea?

See https://www.bt.com/help/tv/how-to-return-and-recycle-your-bt-broadband-hub-and-bt-tv-box-fo

0 Ratings
pekingduck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thank you.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 4 of 7

@pekingduck 

When you say need to is that because of BT telling you that you must or is it that you want to?

If the former then be aware that if the equipment was provided before December 2019 then the equipment is yours to keep (or sell) if you want to. Don't be pressured into returning stuff you'd prefer to keep.

0 Ratings
pekingduck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your response. I believe I got the equipment this year, well certainly one of the boxes was this year. I have cancelled my TV packages and so need to return them or get charged for them. 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 6 of 7

@pekingduck 

If you go into "Orders and Faults" in MyBT you'll see the cessation order, go into "Track Order" and it should show the "Equipment Return". Within that you can "manage equipment" and it'll show you a precise breakdown of your equipment deliveries.

Up to you what you do then but if anything was received before December 2019 it's yours to keep regardless of what a CS rep might have told you. The only complication is if you are cancelling during the first period of 18/24 month contract.

I've just cancelled my TV package but all my equipment was provide before December 2019 so I'm keeping it all as it's in full use.

0 Ratings
pekingduck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Ok thanks 

0 Ratings