Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sja681
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Returning Complete Wifi

Hi,

How do I return Complete Wifi? It's been a nightmare to set up as the mesh network interferes with Sky Q's, and with the limited 5 Ghz channels to choose from I can't move them far enough apart!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES
Paul_31
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Returning Complete Wifi

I’ve got Sky Q and the new Smart Hub 2 with BT Complete WiFi and everything seems to work as it should. I believe the Sky Q connects to the 2.4 band, not the 5ghz. Could that be the problem?

My guess is you would need to call 0800 800150 to arrange cancelling/sending the kit back. 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Ring 0800 800 150 and do a DSR revert, this can only be done within 14 days of the service starting, any longer and you can no longer change your mind.
Why not ring support instead, they'll be able to help you, I have Sky Q and the original smart hub, they work fine together using the 2.4GHz frequency.

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

@Paul_31wrote:

I’ve got Sky Q and the new Smart Hub 2 with BT Complete WiFi and everything seems to work as it should. I believe the Sky Q connects to the 2.4 band, not the 5ghz. Could that be the problem?

My guess is you would need to call 0800 800150 to arrange cancelling/sending the kit back. 

The Sky Q Mesh works on 5 GHz channel 36. Putting the SH2 on anything other than channel 36 should work.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

@Paul_31wrote:

The Sky Q Mesh works on 5 GHz channel 36. Putting the SH2 on anything other than channel 36 should work.

It may well do, but the Sky Q box should connect to the 2.4 network on the router for stuff that is delivered via the internet - thumbnails, catchup, downloads, etc.

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

@Paul_31wrote:

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

@Paul_31wrote:

It may well do, but the Sky Q box should connect to the 2.4 network on the router for stuff that is delivered via the internet - thumbnails, catchup, downloads, etc.

Hi @Paul_31.

mesh network interferes with Sky Q's”

Apologies, but I read that as being interference and not a connection problem to the SH2. 

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

@VeteranISPUser Hi, could be. Maybe the OP will add more info, although it sounds like they’ve had enough and just want to get rid of the Complete WiFi stuff. 

0 Ratings
sja681
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Sky Q "master" is connected to the router via BT Gigabit powerline adapter as they are in separate rooms, BT TV works fine on this connection, but Sky Q shows connected / disconnected to router or internet every few seconds, hence no on demand or downloaded programmes. Best location for the Complete Wifi disk was shown as the room in which the Sky Q mini box is, mini dropped connection to master due to other 5Ghz signal. Cannot move 5Ghz signal on Sky Q at all or on HH6 v2 far enough away to stop overlap, my wifi shows overlap even on channel 64, hence my Zyxel 8924B10 router is happily sitting on channel 100!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @sja681

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having setting up complete wifi.  Could you send us over your details and give us the opportunity to help get you up and running?

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
NoSirItWasntMe
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi @sja681

You can change the SkyQ box to channel 44 but with a smaller channel width, via the Installer Menu.

Press Home button

Move down to highlight Settings but don't press enter

Press  0 0 1 then enter

Then select Network

0 Ratings