cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Returning Smart Hub 2

Hi all,

I have a Smart Hub 2 that I no longer have any use for. I moved into my new home in February 2022 and had FTTP connected with Full Fibre 900. Connected the hub that had arrived & confirmed everything was working, but quickly discovered how slow the WiFi connection is to the hub - pointless having all that speed and no way to get even half over WiFi (think 300 Mbps at most right on top of the router) so I bought myself a high end router that now provides 600+ Mbps over WiFi everywhere.

The BT hub is just sat here taking up space so I'd like to return it (keeping my contract of course, service is excellent) but can't find an option in My BT other than being able to see the old hub from my previous address has been marked as returned.

Thought I'd post on here and see if anyone else has done the same thing & how it was sorted out before calling through on the phone.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Returning Smart Hub 2

You should be able to phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and request a return bag.

If you use your landline line you will sooner rather than later be changed to digital voice which requires the use of the SH2 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I'll give them a call then I guess. Haven't used a landline since I was a kid so no worries with VOIP. Surely companies will need to start providing the username & password for VOIP for people to use their own router's though? I understand provisioning and technical support is much easier when it can be done remotely on a SH2 but so many things locked out (customer DNS servers etc).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Not sure if it's because of the bank holiday but the 0800 number doesn't even connect right now. Tried both on my own mobile and the missus' mobile (both Vodafone, full signal). Will try again tomorrow I suppose.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Personally, I would hang on to the hub. If you have a fault BT might insist you replace the hub before accepting the fault.

0 Ratings