cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Returning a Smart Hub

I have recently upgraded my fibre package. I was told I would receive a returns bag in which to send my old smart hub to BT. To date the bag has not arrived.

I have received both an email and  a text telling me to return my old equipment. To date I have not received a returns bag AND the link to request one that supposedly is located in My BT does not exist. I note from the boards that others are having an issue with this.

I would prefer not to 'phone BT and get locked in a Kafkaesque switchboard hell. Can some kind soul direct me to where I can request a returns bag.

Thank you.

KofN

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Returning a Smart Hub

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the link.

It doesn't really help because of the issues I mention below the quoted text.

How to return equipment to us
Use a pre-paid returns bag

When you have kit to return, you’ll receive a white returns bag in the post within 2-3 days.

You can also ask for one by logging into My BT and selecting 'View details' under 'Please return your equipment'. 

You can include any accessories in your return, such as Mini Hubs, cables and remote controls.

The problems I have however are:

a. I have not been sent a returns bag

b. When I log into My BT there is no link to 'Please return your equipment'

Look as though I will have to 'phone BT as I'm getting nowhere with this.

KofN

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @KnightofNii and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having problems arranging the returns bag. I can help. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for your response.

As well as asking about a returns bag on the boards I logged it as a complaint. Someone from BT called me today and explained, as I suspected, that the link My BT > View Details > Returning equipment > Order a returns bag does not yet exist. This is a service that will be offered in due course. Someone has been a little premature.

I have been assured that a returns bag will be with me by the end of the week.

KofN

0 Ratings