cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Router reboots, but doesn't reconnect.

Every few weeks, it's about 6 since this last happened but did again this morning, my Smart Hub (Not a version 2) reboots around 4.40am.

The log states :"Connection to the Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)

Laststatus:: # Current boot was caused by Soft Reset (SAAF)" 

However it does not reconnect, the only way to get back online is to pull the power let it sit for a minute or two and then power it up again. 

Until I do this the log just fills up with : "PPPoE error: timeout". 

It's annoying because it obviously takes everything in the house offline until it is rebooted. Is it a known fault with this Hub (I can go back to using an old 5) ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Router reboots, but doesn't reconnect.

Try a factory reset, you can save the current configuration beforehand if you have any custom settings you dont fancy setting up again.

System (from Advanced settings) then click on the Reset tab 

Message 3 of 6

Will do, cheers Les!

Message 4 of 6

Bumping this up again, because it's happened again, for the first time in 4 months. Hub log shows the same as before, it's a request to connect from BT server, it connects, a reboot is initiated and once it comes up it can't reconnect. Power it down manually and it reconnects happily. Does anyone know the latest Hub 6 software? Mine is running:

SG4B1000E081 which it downloaded back in Feb. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Given that there were no other responses to this originally, it would suggest a faulty SH. You mentioned originally that you have a HH5 so you could try that, or get a replacement from BT. But you might end up with a SH2 that you can't split the SSIDs on, if that's important to you.

Other option would be to just pick up another SH from your local Facebook Marketplace.

If you go for a BT replacement, I'd suggest turning the Hub off & then reporting it as dead. That will potentially save you from their "testing" at the end of which they declare there's no fault.

Message 6 of 6

Yes, previously returned an SH2 for that very reason, will stick the HH5 back in.

0 Ratings