cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

SH2 has two SSID's

I have a SH2 running firmware version v0.27.06.04290-BT. The Router SSID is BT-xxx229. This evening when I went to connect to the router I had two options BT-xxx229 and BT-xxx229 2 (see below). I haven't changed any settings on the router and I can connect to either SSID.

Picture1.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has seen this before

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: SH2 has two SSID's

That's a strange one. I have SH2 with same firmware as you and checked using WiFi Analyser as well as the Windows 10 WiFi Networks and could not see the second SSID.

I'm not sure if it is a new way of showing that BT WiFi is activated. Mine is Deactivated.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I just checked my SH2 with wifi analyser and cannot see a second network as you describe and my BTWIFI is on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@mispeltyuothI can't see it either, it might be worth changing the SSID name to see if you get two duplicates or it just disappears.

I have BT WiFi on which just shows as BT WiFi

I wish I could split frequencies and have 2 SSIDs.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It's just Windows being Windows! My work laptop is on Windows 10 and it does the same with my home network. Sometimes, it's gone up to even 5 or 6, never mind 2.

You can just go into the network center on Windows and forget the second one and it might stop showing it.

There are threads on the Microsoft forums and other forums. If you do a Google search, some of the threads can give you more sophisticated ways of getting Windows to remove the duplicates.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I did wonder if it was a Windows 'thing' as the 2nd SSID doesn't show up in any of my Android devices, or my other Windows 10 PC.

I'm not really bothered by it and I'm sure if I reset my router the 2nd one will disappear.

0 Ratings