cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

SH2: switching "Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode" to OFF

Go to solution

Hello, I have a BT "Fibre Broadband (VDSL)" service (80Mbps down, 20Mbps up) and I recently received from BT a Smart Hub 2. I have no openreach modem and the phone line plugs into the grey broadband port of the SH2. Everything works nicely, no complains.

I noticed on the smart hub web manager pages that the "Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode" is ON; accordingly one of the yellow SH2 Ethernet ports does not work when connecting LAN devices.

It seems the devices was shipped to me with a "Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode" setting not matching my service option.

Can I safely switch the "Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode" setting to OFF thus gaining a fourth Ethernet port? Or there's a reason to keep the ON setting for a VDSL service?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: SH2: switching "Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode" to OFF

Go to solution

Switch to off. No problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Ive noticed the same with a Smart Hub I was sent a week or two ago.

I'm also on a FTTC connection (I'm)patiently awaiting FTTP to be rolled out here....

I'd like to know are there any potential side effects of having FTTP Mode set to On on a FTTC service?

Would it do any harm having It on?

BT Halo 3+ (FTTC) | BT Digital Voice | BT Sport (on Sky Q) | Stretham, Ely
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

only disadvantage to leaving in 'on' position is your 4th ethernet on hub is WAN whereas if 'off' it is a LAN port

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.