Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAE4
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Set up Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

I’m trying to replace my current hub which plugs into the Openreach modem LAN1 with a red ended cable. The Smart Hub 2 instructions seem to suggest that I plug the other end of this cable into the yellow WAN port on the new hub. The port isn’t labelled WAN but has a picture of a network above it.  Cable fits but all I get is a flashing purple light. The hub didn’t come with any cables. Do I need to get another cable to go from the  broadband port on the hub to the BT socket which is next to the Openreach box? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Set up Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Assuming you have Fibre to the Cabinet, you do away with the Openreach modem. The Smarthub has the modem built in.

You plug the Smarthub into the phone socket using the same cable that connects the Openreach modem to the phone socket.

Have a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXS9zLcpW5Y

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Just unplug the lead that is in the DSL socket of the modem and plug it in the DSL socket of the hub. You no longer need the modem.

0 Ratings
SAE4
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks! Sorted!
0 Ratings
SAE4
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much! I’d looked at the video loads of times but didn’t realise that I needed to take the cable out of the Openreach modem  Just got to sort out the TV box when that arrives. 

0 Ratings