cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickywray
Message 1 of 9

Setting DM BH6

Go to solution

Hi - Got a mini server that I want to sit on a DMZ. I have given it a static IP address, but that seems to remove it from the list of devices I can no allocate to the DMZ. The help text clearly states that the DMZ supports a single static IP addressed device. I have tried to both select the device and enter its IP directly. Both fail when I go to save the config as it states that it is an invalid device selected for the DMZ. Very frustrating. Hope someone out there has a solution. 

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Setting DM BH6

Go to solution

Have you given it a static address outside of the DHCP range of the hub?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Morning @rickywray  and welcome to the community.

Thanks for posting. Can you let us know which hub / router you're using? Can you also answer @licquorice post?

Cheers

David 

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
rickywray
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Business Hub 6 - It got delivered this week. So whatever the very latest is. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@rickywray wrote:

Business Hub 6 - It got delivered this week. So whatever the very latest is. 

Are you a BT Business user then, as this is the BT Residential forum?

0 Ratings
rickywray
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi - I've learnt a bit more having discuss the issue with a colleague who also has this setup. 

If you have a business service with a single static IP assigned to the hub, you can use the DHCP table settings to allocate a fixed IP to the device you want in the DMZ, then assigne the DMZ and it all works. Effectively the hub has a single PPPoE connection and is allocated a single IP address that comes from a static pool rather than the normally dynamic pool. What I have is a business service where I have purchased 5 additional static addresses. You enable this on the hub using the static IP config, giving the hub another address that is different to the dynamically assigned address that is still used and given to the hub for routing all devices that are not using the static IP service. Now if you take one of these separately purchased static IP's and assign it to a device (my server) the DMZ option is no longer available. This is very annoying and clearly a feature/failure of the software. Feature Request please Mr. BT. Allow DMZ to work with your static IP addresses. BTW the main reason I need this is because the server I'm using gets a large number (over 10K) of inbound TCP and UDP connections. The BT hub cannot cope with this and drops reachability to external sites that my internal systems montor to prove connectivity through the hub. I think that if BT cannot add this function, I'm going to be looking elsewhere for a VDSL2 modem/router. 

0 Ratings
rickywray
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry - yes I am, I got to this via the Business portal. IT is a truely painful process. Can you tell me where the business forum is?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

You may be better posting on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

The residential home hubs and service is totally different, and uses dynamic IP addresses.

0 Ratings
rickywray
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you

0 Ratings