cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike2018
Message 1 of 4

Setting Up PBX Dial Code on BT6590

Hi I am trying to setup a PBX dial code for my elderly mother.  The place where she has moved in to has a PBX where she has to dial 9 for an outside line.

I have set the code up on the base and when I use speed dial numbers it inserts the 9 before the number however when I just dial a number it doesnt force the PBX 9 for every call.  Is there some setting I need to configure to force this, as my mother keeps forgetting to dial 9.

Thanks

Mike

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Setting Up PBX Dial Code on BT6590

What happens if you call a number from the phone directory? Is it not possible to store all of the numbers she callls, in the directory?

If she enters the number first, then presses the green call button, does that work properly?

0 Ratings
Mike2018
Message 3 of 4

Hi thanks for the response.

Entering the number and pressing green dial doesnt add the 9 before the number unfortunately.

Storing the numbers doesnt help either unfortunately - she cant use the menu on the phone - She just about gets by with the speed dials (and not always relieably with them).

She likes to get her phone book out and dial numbers, but as she has Alzheimers she forgets to dial 9 first 😞

Regards

Mike

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

There may be help on this page https://btplc.com/Inclusion/

Its unusual to have a residential user on a PBX. Is it not possible to get a direct line installed?

Whart about adding a 9 in front of all the numbers in her phone book?

0 Ratings