cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Setup Complete Wi-Fi (Black disc) without cable?

Go to solution

I've had my Black Wi-Fi disc working fine, but twice now it has lost connection and turned red.

Is there another way to pair it without connecting to the router by Ethernet cable?

My router is downstairs in my lounge behind the settee with the disc upstairs in my man cave. It's a pain having to move it and shift the settee to reconnect each time.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Setup Complete Wi-Fi (Black disc) without cable?

Go to solution

Hi @gibbylinks welcome to the community and thanks for posting. The best way to connect your Hub and Wi-Fi discs is to follow the instructions on the My BT app. On the home screen, select MoreYour wi-fi network and then Set up new disc. This will guide you through the set-up and suggest the best location for your disc.

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks,

As I posted I have had the disc working twice, but having to bring it down and connect it to the router every time it loses connection is a bind.

I'm sure I saw in the app or on the router homescreen that it can be done using the WPS button, but I can't find it again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @gibbylinks   I would start by getting your SH2 high up or in a better position which is probably the reason it is losing connection. I have had the SH2 and Disc for over 9 months and it has never lost connection. There has to be a reason for this happening. 

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks but it's only disconnected 2 maybe 3 times over 8 months.  So I don't consider it to be a major issue.

I just thought I'd ask if there was an alternative method to restore the connection.

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
I knew I'd seen it somewhere

Advanced Settings > Advanced Wireless>My Discs>Add A New Disc

And then you press the WPS button on the back of the disc :0)