cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lchannell
Message 1 of 3

Sky Q connecting to whole home but not internet.

Go to solution
Just installed the three disc whole home. My phone and laptop connect and reach the internet ok.

Sadly the Sky Q box only connects to the Wi-Fi but no connection to the internet?

Help.please.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
lchannell
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sky Q connecting to whole home but not internet.

Go to solution

After much research and resetting network names, keys and a miriad of other things, I eventually called Sky.

Sky have this as a known issue.  The Sqy Q actually works as it should but reports that there is no internet available! (Go figure ***).  When I tried to download it actually works even though it says   there is no connection.

Sky went on to sya that the Sky Q and BT Whole Home discs are not communicating as they should.

All working!

0 Ratings
rjlawson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sky Q connecting to whole home but not internet.

Go to solution

I got Whole Home the other day & got everything connected OK apart from my SkyQ Silver box. Whether I do WPS or select the SSID and enter the Key, it connects OK then a minute later drop the connection (reason 8 according to the log). Tried different channels, and Compatability Mode but nothing works. Spoke to the helpdesk this morning & BT know it's an issue, not sure whether Sky will fix or they'll make a firmware update...

0 Ratings