cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Sky and BT wholehome mini

We’ve just had sky Q installed and I previously used my BT wholehome mini 3 pack with our Vodafone router.

Our speeds with sky are really good but the range isn’t that great so I’ve now plugged the whole home into the sky router, I’ve given the sky router the same name and password as the BT wholehome and everything seems to be working fine with good speed and range. 

Would this setup potentially cause issues such as double NAT etc?

As the sky Wi-Fi and BT wholehome have the same name / password will the sky router act as a 4th mesh point? We also have a sky q box which is also working fine so would this act as a 5th mesh point as I believe these also broadcast the Wi-Fi signal? 

I currently have Wi-Fi still enabled on the sky box, should I switch this off or will it be fine to keep this enabled? 

Any help would be great, thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sky and BT wholehome mini

as your ISP is sky have you tried raising your problem on sky user forum as more that possible someone there will have solved your problem

https://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

This is a question more around the BT wholehome mesh solution rather than the sky side of things… 

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Toby_r_m wrote:

This is a question more around the BT wholehome mesh solution rather than the sky side of things… 

thanks

Product helpdesk information

If your product is within warranty:

By phone: 0808 100 6116

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm

Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

If your product is out of warranty, please call the Technical Help and Support Desk on 0808 100 6116

Bear in mind that people posting on this forum, are going to be BT Broadband customers.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Toby_r_m welcome to the community and thanks for posting, in answer to your question the BT Whole home wifi and sky equipment will work as separate wifi mesh systems and won't integrate as one mesh network. 

If it's not causing any issues there's no reason to turn off the wifi on the Sky router.  

Thanks 
Neil

0 Ratings