Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pickthalld
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Slow when connecting first time to Whole Home WiFi - OK after that

Hi

I have the BT Whole Home WiFi mesh system connected to my Plusnet router by network cable. I have logged into the Plusnet router and turned off both wifi networks.

I can connect to the mesh system happily and watch TV, make IP calls, join video conferences etc. My speed tests fine.

However, every time I try to connect a device or a fresh webpage, I have to wait 30-60 seconds to get a 'connection'. After that, I can use the system without issue. Where it causes me a big problem though is the TV apps keep timing out. I've been through Samsung support and they have pointed me back to the router.

Do I have a double-NAT problem or something similar which I don't understand? I tried to ask Plusnet about router settings but they pointed me towards BT...

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Slow when connecting first time to Whole Home WiFi - OK after that

Have you any access controls enabled on your router?
If yes try a factory resetting your router and check if the problem persists.
Whole Home Wi-Fi (1st gen) had a bug in an older firmware this was fixed in v1.02.06build11 this bug can sometimes persist causing device list issues and access controls being applied to the wrong device. This can be cleared by using "Reset Device List" in the app under Settings.
Also check that you have the latest firmware on the discs and just for good measure power reset them after the update. If you had a BT HUB I would recommend that you also turn off Smart Setup on the HUB, I am not sure if the Plusnet router has something that is the same feature.
0 Ratings
pickthalld
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Inajr02 - thanks for the response.

I don't have any access controls set up and the router had a full factory reset following a local broadband outage. There aren't any similar settings to 'smart setup'.

The WHWF firmware is at 1.02.11 build 02 and was last updated on the 1st March. Could you advise what a power reset is please and I'll give that a go.

Having looked through the router logs, there are loads of entries about 'spoofing attacks' and blocked packets due to 'ICMP Replay'.

Daryl

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

power reset is just turn off the discs and HUB for one minutes and turn back on. it will help the discs clear any old code.
0 Ratings