cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Rooted device

Hi. I have the BT smart video baby monitor and have used it with the app for just under a year with no issues until today. I tried to open the app this afternoon only to get a message saying

"Rooted device detected. We're sorry but due to safety concerns, this app cannot be used on a rooted device"

I had no idea what a rooted device is but after a quick Google I have discovered that it is an Android device that has been jail broken. Although my phone is an Android, I have never rooted it before. Is this a BT smart control app problem or my phone problem?

Message 12 of 26

Re: Smart Controls app says my device is rooted - it is NOT.

Same problem on my s21.  I receive notifications of noise and movement but when I click the App it opens and the message Rooted device detected appears. 

Message 13 of 26

Re: BT Smart home cam

I also have this on my s21 ultra. The smart baby monitor has been fine until now. I'm getting the cannot use on a rooted device message. My phone is not rooted and nothing has changed from this afternoon when the monitor app worked fine

Message 14 of 26

@ACJMY2K I've moved your post to this more recent thread as you can see you are not alone in the behaviour you are seeing.

Message 15 of 26

Hi there, having the same problem with my Pixel 4a and my wife's Moto G6, both not rooted. Hope this problem can be sorted quickly.

Message 16 of 26

Seems to be working now...

Message 17 of 26

Same for me, just suddenly started working again.

Message 18 of 26

Started to work but it's stopped again. Anyone else stopped again
Message 19 of 26

Re: Smart Controls app says my device is rooted - it is NOT.

Working again now
Message 20 of 26

Still working for me.