cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 21 of 31

Re: Smart Devices Only Work on 2.4 GHz

Hi, you rename the 2.4Ghz to the same as Whole Home. The 5GHz is off.

Hope this helps.

BT Device ExpertBruno
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
Shawy2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 31

Yes, that worked a treat and I've now successfully added my smart plugs to the whole home system. Very easy process actually. Thanks.
0 Ratings
mikegunnill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 31

I wonder if someone could help with my problem. I purchased BT Whole House WIFI and I disabled my Plusnet Hub One not to use 2.4 & 5 Ghz. Everything works great and the signal is better in the house.

My problem I have a Aria scale from FitBit that records weight and sends this to their app. This worked well until I put my new WIFI system in. It seems the scales will only connect to 2.4 Ghz. I can not get them to reconise my system so I can't get them online.

FitBit Support are talking me around in circles saying that I should name 2.4 & 5Ghz as separate SSID's on my system. This way I can connect to 2.4 Ghz and connect my scales. This really is at the end of my technical knowledge and I am finding this difficult.

I wonder if you have a work around, just to get the scales online and working. Fit Bit are saying I should get my Internet Provider, PlusNet to do this but I think this is an excuse for their poor system only connecting to 2.4 Ghz.

I would be very grateful for any help and assistance. Thank you.

Mike

0 Ratings
Shawy2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 31

@Mike
I assume you've got the BT whole home system?
Can you not just connect the fitbit to the Plusnet router you've disabled as I would imagine the 2.4ghz and 5ghz network will be separate whilst the whole home is joined together because it's a mesh system.

Regards
Steve
0 Ratings
Shawy2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 31

Obviously you would need to enable the Plusnet router.
0 Ratings
mikegunnill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

On the PlusNet router I have disabled both 2.4 & 5GHz. If I enable 2.4 Ghz on the router what would that network name be? The FitBit app on the iPhone would be on the present new BT WIFI system.

I am confused.

0 Ratings
Shawy2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 31

The Wi-Fi network (or SSID) starts with PLUSNET and has letters or numbers at the end, e.g. PLUSNET-A1BC. The Wi-Fi password (or key) is 10 characters long and it's case sensitive.

You'll find both printed on the reference card stored on the back of your Hub.

0 Ratings
Shawy2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Did you resolve your problem? I will try and help you more if I can. I was in your exact position a few months ago and really didn't know what to do. Then eventually I managed to get there. My problem was I was trying to add a smart plug to my BT Whole Home and because the plug can only connect to a 2.4ghz network it wouldn't connect to my BT WH as both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequency is joined together.
Anyway long story short I did eventually managed to find a solution and have since got the smart plug up and running.
Just let me know if you need any further help and I will try and explain step by step what you need to do.
Steve
mikegunnill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 31

Yes I resolved the problem finally but thank you for your interest.

Mike

0 Ratings
Shawy2018
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 31

That's great news then. I was very pleased when I eventually solved the issue.
All the best.