cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
splinternet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Smart Home Cam - can video be shared?

I want to share one of the video clips but pressing the 'share' button, it seems only a snapshot can be shared - presumably the initial frame.   Is this correct?

There is a 'download' button, which I pressed and got 'video downloaded'.  But does anyone know where I can find it on my smartphone?  I have a Huawei P10 running Android v9.   Page 2 of the apps has a 'Video' app with a section containing some (but not all) of the Smart Cam videos I previously deleted over the past couple of weeks.  There's also a 'Video' button under 'Tools'.....'Files' and here I can see historic videos going back a few years, including what looks like the previous list of videos previously deleted from the Smart Cam.   But both lists only have videos up till 3 days ago which begs the question where are the last 2 days' videos - both deleted and downloaded?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
JohnC2
Message 2 of 9

Re: Smart Home Cam - can video be shared?

Hi @splinternet  sorry that you could not get a response to your question. It would be best to contact the Product Helpdesk.  You will find the phone and email contact details in the link.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
splinternet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks John, I just emailed them

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9

If you open notifications and tap on the 'video downloaded' one it should play the video and (albeit a video) you should also be able to find it in the Photo's app. Failing that, open the Apps drawer, tap on Files and tap on Downloads in there

0 Ratings
splinternet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I can play the video back OK in the Smart Cam App but I want to share it.  During playback, I can the screen and answer 'yes' to the question "do you want to download video?".   When it's finished playing, a pop-up tells me the video has been downloaded, but it's nowhere you've mentioned.  It's a bit frustrating that the share button will only deal with a snapshot, and not the complete video.   Surely being able to share videos (e.g. with the Police if an intruder is spotted) is a major feature that should be provided.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

Try tapping on the notification, then tap and hold on the next screen. You should get a popup menu to open / delete the file

0 Ratings
splinternet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

"Try tapping on the notification, then tap and hold on the next screen. You should get a popup menu to open / delete the file"

Can I just check my understanding here.  By "notification", do you mean the thumbnails of each recorded event?  On each, there is an option to "view event" and another to "share".   The share option just allows the initial snapshot to be shared (with WhatsApp for example).  "view event" plays the 40-second clip, I can touch the screen during this and get the options to delete or download.  I press download, then when the clip has finished playing a message tells me it's been downloaded.  But I cannot find it anywhere.   In the Android "Tools" container, there's "downloads", and from here I can select "downloads" (nothing there) or "videos" but it's not there either - though this does contain quite a few deleted clips).   Another tool is "Files", and here there are containers for "images", "videos", etc...  Again, the downloaded clip is nowhere.   I can only conclude that the Home Cam download facility is just not working.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9

The notification area is the area across the top of the screen where you're notified of (say) text messages, emails etc.

When you download a video (or any other type of file), you will see a downward pointing arrow, pull the notification area down (drag downward from the top of the screen) and the notifications will all be enlarged to reveal more detail.

Tap on the Download notification and that will open to reveal more detail of the downloaded file (I'm going by Android 10), tap and hold this notification and select Open.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9

Ring the free helpline on 0808 100 0255 if you're still having problems

0 Ratings