cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Smart Hub 2 Configurations questions

While I'm waiting for my Smart Hub 2 to arrive, perhaps someone can answer some questions for me please about the configuration capabilities of the Hub Manager?

1.  I assume that the IP address for the Hub is 192.168.1.1 ? Can this be changed?

2.  Can I turn DHCP off?

3.  Can I restrict device access to specified MACs only?

4.  Can the WiFi be scheduled to turn on/off at specified times?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Smart Hub 2 Configurations questions

@Nemo2000 

@Nemo2000 wrote:

While I'm waiting for my Smart Hub 2 to arrive, perhaps someone can answer some questions for me please about the configuration capabilities of the Hub Manager?

1.  I assume that the IP address for the Hub is 192.168.1.1 ? Can this be changed?

Its 192,168.1.254 but can be changed with difficulty.

2.  Can I turn DHCP off?

Yes

3.  Can I restrict device access to specified MACs only?

No

4.  Can the WiFi be scheduled to turn on/off at specified times?

No

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@Nemo2000 

@Nemo2000 wrote:

Its 192,168.1.254 but can be changed with difficulty.

Can be changed quite simply

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for the advice.  A shame about items 3 and 4, as restricting MAC access is good security IMHO.

At the moment all the devices on my home network have static IPs and are configured to use 192.168.1.1 as their gateway, so I would prefer to reconfigure the Hub IP address rather than have to change everything else. So exactly how can it be done please (albeit "with difficulty") ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

@Nemo2000 

@licquorice  says its easy. I think people have problems accessing the hub manager, after making changes. I expect someone with a Smart Hub 2, will be able to give guidance.

Restricting MAC access is of no real benefit, and can cause Apple devices with IOS14 to lose connection. MAC addresses are easy to spoof.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

hubip.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Thanks. It looks as simple as it ought to be, so I will give it a try in due course and see what happens.

Not worried about Apple devices etc - indeed, anything that stops the various smartphones in my area from appearing on my network list - if only briefly - is welcomed !

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

...if only there was a proper Hub Manager user guide available online to download, it would make life so much easier  🙂

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

The hub manager is so basic you don't need a user guide.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Maybe, but....when I'm getting a new bit of kit I like to be able to read all the instructions beforehand, it saves a lot of time 'on the day' 🙂

0 Ratings