cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Smart Hub 2 DC plug

Hi, 

can anyone tell me what kind of DC plug is needed to power a Smart Hub 2 please?

thanks

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Smart Hub 2 DC plug

Hi @sbilotta 

8E8D1EFE-CB50-4048-9C9D-ED7FE5B2A1A7.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Thanks, but I'm asking about the dc barrel plug (or connector).

For example, it's not a 5.5 mm OD, 2.1 mm ID

What are the inner and outer diameters of the plug?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

@sbilottawrote:

What are the inner and outer diameters of the plug?

I checked myself once and the measurements (which I didn't record) didn't correspond to any available barrel plug that I could find.

As the Smart Hub and Smart Hub 2 use the same power adapter, maybe consider bidding on an auction site for a cheap BT Smart Hub that's being sold with its power adapter? That might be cheaper than bidding on a BT Smart Hub power adapter alone (which seem to go for about £10).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Thanks Pedigree500.

I too couldn't decipher what kind of barrel it is and hence my question on the forum.

My intent however would be to supply the hub with a different power adaptor and hence the need for the right dc cable (and plug).

@JohnC2 , is this something you can help with?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Hi @sbilotta   Apologies, if I was to guess, having measured mine I would say 5.5 x 2.5 mm.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

and that's what I thought too when the std 2.1 didn't fit, but neither did the 2.5 fit, so the ID is even bigger 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

My own measurements indicate that the inner diameter is 3.5mm and the outer diameter is 5.5mm.    Anyone found a source for these connectors?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Hello 

@JB2016 Did you have any joy on this please? I'm stumped trying to find the right adapter. 

Thanks

Jo 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

If my measurements are accurate, then this plug is a Philmore 206, which seems to be manufactured or imported by LKG Industries Inc ( http://www.philmore-datak.com ).

Philmore Catalogue Page 64 ( http://www.philmore-datak.com/mc/Page%2064.pdf ) lists the plug.

I have failed to find any supplier of this plug outside the USA. I don’t know what they would charge to dispatch to the UK.

One enterprising seller on e-Bay is willing to post to the UK (total cost more than I paid recently for a second-hand Smart Hub 2 with its power supply) 

0 Ratings