cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Smart Hub 2 Firewall causing connection issues

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck overcoming firewall issues in the smart hub 2?  I’ve changed from a home hub 5 and didn’t have any issues. I have the same problem when connected with a Ethernet cable direct to the smart hub, so it’s not a WiFi issue. 

I get server connection issues on MS Teams and Skype for Business on my Lenovo laptop, my wife’s HP laptop does not get the issues on the same software. 

If I put my Lenovo laptop in the DMZ setting I’m ok, but this causes VPN issues on the HP laptop. 

Ive now tried a lot of different settings but no luck, port forwarding etc. I think I will return the new equipment to BT, while it does work It is not compatible with my devices (but the home hub 5 is!) 

Has anyone managed to resolve an issue like this? Thanks. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Hub 2 Firewall causing connection issues

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

@imjolly

Yes I’ve turned this off but it hasn’t helped. Any other thoughts? Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

have you also checked web protect is turned off by going to MYBT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Yes @imjolly   Checked that, I think I’ve tried the obvious and it has me stumped!  Thanks for you replies. 

0 Ratings