cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infinitywaiter
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Smart Hub 2 advertised for £65 and yet being charged £100....

Smart Hub 2 Being advertised at one price and selling at another price... 

So whilst having the original BT Smart Hub along with BT Infinity and Super Fibre Plus, we wished to upgrade or renew our current contract so that we could get Super Fibre Plus with Complete Wi-fi and get the new BT Smart Hub 2 along with the Wi-fi Disc.

As we are already on the same BT Broadband service we unfortunately can't simply upgrade or renew our current contract to obtain the new hub, so we looked into buying the new hub at the reduced rate for BT customers.

However, after seeing it advertised on BT for £65 we were shocked to see that once we clicked to buy it, that the price suddenly jumped up to £100, plus it looks like you can only buy the Smart Hub 2 seperately and not have a Complete Wi-fi disc come along with it.

So why BT advertising new Smart Hub 2 for £65 and yet charge £100, an increase of £35!!

BT SH2 Upgrade.jpgBT Infinity Upgrade

BT-SH2-Advertised-Price.jpgSmart Hub 2 Advertised Price

BT-SH2-Actual-Cost.jpgSmart Hub 2 Actual Price When Purchasing

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart Hub 2 advertised for £65 and yet being charged £100....

try phoning the options team on 0800800030  they are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @infinitywaiter,

Thank you for highlight the conflicting information on bt.com. I've let the team know and they're working on getting this corrected.

If you give the number @imjolly has posted a call, they'll be able to help you with you order.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Bt robbing people yet again. I went on the other day and it was £65. Thought I would purchase one tonight. Not at £100 I won’t be. All the reviews have all quoted BT’s press release which stated £65 plus £10 delivery. Massive con
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@Kimbrich6 wrote:
Bt robbing people yet again. I went on the other day and it was £65. Thought I would purchase one tonight. Not at £100 I won’t be. All the reviews have all quoted BT’s press release which stated £65 plus £10 delivery. Massive con

do the same as @infinitywaiter and phone 0800800030  they are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Are you renewing your broadband contract when you see the £100 charge ? as far as I know, It's only discounted to £65 when you renew your contract for a minimum 18 month duration, no discount if you're not renewing.
That's how the original smart hub is, not 100% sure on the smart hub 2.

0 Ratings
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

SmartHub 2 was advertised as £65+9.99 postage for existing customers, now showing as £100+9.99 postage.

Without any mention of contract renewal as far as I can see.

0 Ratings