cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tallmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 55

Smart Hub 2 and USB

Have recently replaced my Smart Hub (installed after upgrade to fibre) with a Smart Hub 2 (installed following BT sales pitch based on increased bandwith in our area..)

I have a USB drive (eternal power source, not from USB port) which on all previous BT hubs has worked fine.

With this new hub, I saw the drive initially, and now it doesn't show up at all in Windows Explorer. Have tried mapping drive manually, all that does is take to me to home page of the hub/router portal.

Any ideas out there how I can get access / make it visible again?

Running Windows 7.

Thanks

0 Ratings
54 REPLIES 54
Highlighted
RodT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 55

BT Smart Hub 2 and USB connecttion

Since I installed the new smart hub I have been running a portable hard drive through the usb connector to a PC and a laptop both with Windows 10 operating systems. To facilitate this I changed the SMB to 1. It has worked well if a little slowly for several weeks. Today on both computers it will not open. Screenshot attached. (I hope!) I have checked the physical connections. Interestingly the BT Hub Manager says it is connected. I have restarted the hub and both computers to no avail.

Any ideas anyone

Thanks

Rod

0 Ratings
RodT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 55

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 and USB connecttion

I have not sorted this out But I have discovered that the hub 'enjoyted' a firmware upgrade just before the problem arose. So, is there a BT tec expert who can advise on this.

Help please, I can't run any of my media set up (via Plex) without this.

0 Ratings
RodT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 55

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 and USB connecttion

Missing screenshotsMedia Disc (2).png

Media Disc 3.png

Media USB connection.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 55

Re: Smart Hub 2 and USB

did your SH2 have a recent firmware update as that me be the cause of the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tallmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 55

Not sure. I'd heard about the firmware update, but it's only month old so thought it would come with new version.

Will check later.

Do you know if there's a link to the firmware download.

Thanks!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 55

hub firmware is automatic - there is no manual update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tallmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 55

Understood.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 55

Map a drive to \\192.168.1.254\usb1

Don't know about W7 but in W10 you need to enable SMB1 as it is disabled by default. Maybe an upgrade to W7 has disabled SMB1.

0 Ratings
Tallmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 55

Many Thanks - will check when I get home later.
0 Ratings