Aspiring Contributor
Message 151 of 189

Re: Smart Hub 2 and USB

Still working ok here.

Tallmat
Contributor
Message 152 of 189

Mine is working fine also. Very annoying for you the problem has reappeared. Do you need to remap it as a network drive?

0 Ratings
arlehaven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 153 of 189

@imjolly @licqourice thanks guys for the quick response, might just be something at my end..... glad your both still up and running ok 🙂
I'll have another wee look at mine in the morning.
arlehaven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 154 of 189

@Tallmat..... yes very annoying, have done all the usual to try to map it again but having no success. Even tried the alternative FAT32 drive i used before when we had the issue before. I can see it in hub manager, but nowhere else. Anyways, i'll have another wee play with it in the morning. Try another reset. Thanks for getting back to me.
mike8
Contributor
Message 155 of 189

I have tried putting in a 64GB stick into my smart hub 1, I can see it in the router interface but cannot access it either by just going to network places or going to run \\192.168.1.1 and I get a microsoft message "you cant connect to the file share because its not secure. This share requires the obsolute smb1 protocol which is unsafe and could expose your system to attack. Your system requires smb2 or higher.

I disabled smb1 ages ago and my nasbox uses smb2. So are we going to update this protocol on the smart hubs. Or is the smart hub 1 trailing behind at the moment.hub.JPG

0 Ratings
fawr88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 156 of 189

Hi just checked my Smart Hub 2 - I have the same firmware - Firmware version: v0.17.01.12301-BT - and everything seems to be working fine (including being able to access an attached HDD).
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 157 of 189

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for SMB2 on the hubs.

0 Ratings
Huh
Beginner
Message 158 of 189

@arlehaven Did you manage to sort this? I’m hoping so... not least  because I seem to have exactly the same issue and can’t work it out! 

I’ve never set it ok before so maybe there’s a setting I’ve missed... seems unlikely though as I can see the fire stick and tv etc. At a loss ☹️

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
mike8
Contributor
Message 159 of 189

How are you accessing it. Have you got smb1 active (box ticked) in your windows settings?

0 Ratings
Huh
Beginner
Message 160 of 189

I can see the hdd on the hub management page but not when I look in the network window on windows 10 - sorry I’m probably using all the wrong terminology, clearly I don’t know what I’m doing!

any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! 

0 Ratings