cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 141 of 147

Re: Smart Hub 2 and USB

Just chatted to BT Support and this feature is now supposedly disabled? 

I've got the latest firmware, have tried formatting the drive to NFTS/FAT/FAT32 and no success. I'm able to see that the USB is connected via the admin hub manager page, yet no success being able to map it to my Mac. 

Any help from those of you who this is supposedly working for? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 142 of 147

as I posted It works for me but I use windows 10 not mac

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 143 of 147

So it's not a BT wide withdrawal of USB external hard drive support - seems odd to be Mac specific then. Either that, or the chap I spoke to was a touch wrong ... 

Anyone got this working on a Mac? There's one or two forum posts, but nothing as extensive as this topic. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 144 of 147

Works fine for me on W10.

Make sure you are using SMB1, not sure how you do that on a Mac but it is disabled by default on W10 as it is deprecated so you might have the same on a Mac.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 145 of 147

Thanks for the suggestion! Pretty sure smb is working though as I can map a network folder on my desktop and access it on my laptop no problem through smb, can't see anywhere else to enable smb1. 

I can see the drive is connected to the hub looking at the admin page, yet get problems trying to map to the drive. Nothing is coming up as discoverable. 

Go >> Connect to server >> smb://192.168.254/HOMEDRIVE

There was a problem connecting to the server “192.168.1.254”.

The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection and then try again.

That's unusual right? Not as if my internet is down, otherwise typing this out would be a touch more difficult! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 146 of 147

I wonder if SMB1 has been completely disabled on the Mac and only SMB2 or SMB3 is available.

On a W10 machine I map a drive to \\192.168.1.254\usb1  note the direction of slashes (might be different on a Mac though) and usb1 rather than name of device.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 147 of 147

I'm no expert, but I thought smb2 was backward compatible with smb1? Either way, not sure this is the issue. Any other suggestions? Where else to ask? 

Thanks again for all the help. 

0 Ratings