cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 79

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 and USB connecttion

Hi @RodT  thanks for the info. I've passed this to our hub team who are looking into this issue and will update you as soon as they get back to me.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Tallmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 79

Re: Smart Hub 2 and USB

That's very interesting - sounds identical to my problem!
It does appear the FW upgrade puts a limit on the capacity of a USB storage device. I can see it on the SH portal / home page. I just can't map to it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 79

@gi_joe 

I have same problem since firmware update  is your HDD powered by the HUB USB or external power source?   is file system NTFS?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tallmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 79

The USB has it's own power supply.
Yes, file system is NTFS.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 79

My portable drive was powered by hub  so not that but system is NTFS so wonder if that is problem 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tallmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 79

Good point - maybe NTFS is the problem.
If it is disk size, I have a couple of portable drives at home, 500Gb and 1Tb. I'll try them this evening.
0 Ratings
gi_joe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 79

@imjolly  @Tallmat  @JohnC2 

My HDD has an external PSU and is NFTS. I have an old Hub 4 and when I connect the HDD to it's USB it works perfectly so this is definitely a SH6 issue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 79

@Tallmat   My portable hdd is 500gb so don't think it is disc size so back to NTFS

0 Ratings
Lastgo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 79

I've had exactly the same issue, I posted here:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/USB-port-connectivity/td-p/1947556

I lost connectivity to my drive in the USB port after a firmware update, BT sent me a new Smart Hub 2 which worked fine until it too updated its firmware, now the connection is lost again.

0 Ratings
Tallmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 79

Yesterday evening I tried 2 other USB drives, both formatted NTFS. Same problem with both – neither would map as a network drive.

I then took a new USB memory stick, which was formatted FAT32. This mapped immediately – no problem.

I then re-formatted the memory stick NTFS and this wouldn’t map. Same error message as before.

So it seems the issue is with how the USB device is formatted, and that since the firmware upgrade, it is no longer possible to network map a device formatted NTFS.

Would be nice to hear from someone at BT on this problem. Can someone advise on a firmware fix please.
0 Ratings