Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gi_joe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 106

Re: Smart Hub 2 and USB

Hi All

A month has now passed since the Hubs were upgraded causing the USB port to be disabled for NFTS drives, can we please have some assurances that this issue will be resolved and some idea of a timescale?

Thanks

Joe

Tallmat
Contributor
Message 52 of 106

@SeanD @NeilO 

Guys, another week passed since the last post from BT. 

Can we at least please have an update on the problem and status of a fix?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 53 of 106

Hi @Tallmat,

Thanks for the post and please excuse the delay in my reply.

At this point in time, I don't have any information as to when a fix will be available.  Once our product team find a solution they will test the fix to make sure this doesn't cause any other issues, prior to releasing the fix into the wild.

I am sorry I can't offer a more detailed reply on timescales, however, this is all the information I have.  As soon as I get word of when we will be in a position to release a fix I will be back here to let you all know.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Tallmat
Contributor
Message 54 of 106

OK - thanks Sean. 

0 Ratings
Bretty1
Beginner
Message 55 of 106

Hi,

Having just 'upgraded' to the new 'all singing, all dancing BT Complete Wifi' I am concerned to now find that I have lost access to my central data storage which has lived happily for years connected to my BTHub5.  Having found this thread, I notice that there has been no update for a week now so should I now be looking at financing a new method of central access or is there a sensible plan for re-instating what appears to have been working fine for other users until the latest firmware update?  Or should I just ask to return to the old, outdated system that works?

Thanks,

Richard

gi_joe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 106

Any update Sean as it is now two months since this bug developed in the firmware?

mike8
Contributor
Message 57 of 106

I have the same problem with  smart hub 1 using ntfs or fat32, various sizes of drive. And smb1 enabled. USB is seen in hub GUI but not visible in explorer or my pc, and cannot map to it. Incidentially for those who want to format a large drive in FAT32, HP have a free utilility (exe and doesnt install a program) that will do this. You can find it here https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool/

Tallmat
Contributor
Message 58 of 106

@SeanD   

The posts from frustrated users keep coming, and I've heard direct from other BT customers also annoyed that BT doesn't seem to acknowledge the extent of this problem.

I guess many thousands of BT customers, domestic and small business,  use(d) the hub as a small network server by connecting a drive to the USB.

When will there be a fix?

please advise.

MP

0 Ratings
RodT
Contributor
Message 59 of 106

Yes! Two months without a connection. Perhaps we should assume BT do not give a damn and this will never be fixed. Roll on contract expiry.

Message 60 of 106

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your post, I can understand your frustration, we haven't forgotten about this. 

Unfortunately, we don't have have any more information on when the fix will be available. As soon as we have an update, we'll post back on this thread to let you know.

Please accept my apology for the delay.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings