cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IBalmer
Beginner
Message 61 of 106

Re: Smart Hub 2 and USB

Hi, given it's now coming up a month sonce the last post on this, is there any sign of a fix, as I still have the issue ?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Bretty1
Beginner
Message 62 of 106

Hi,

The cynic in me suggests that, as we are all under contract, BT stands to lose nothing as a result of this very frustrating issue. There is therefore no incentive to come up with a fix any time soon. Welcome to the rerun of David & Goliath where David is not allowed to throw anything because he is small ☹️

Richard

0 Ratings
pentlandsl
Beginner
Message 63 of 106

This is getting ridiculous now.  BT needs to at least advise what the fix timescales are.   This is proving incredibly inconvenient and is an introduced fault.  Either they should wind out the latest update or apply a patch to fix it.

Come on BT, what is happening with this?

0 Ratings
gi_joe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 106

It's pretty clear BT have no interest in fixing this,  in fact I doubt the team the team who work on the Smart Hub have even been informed of the issue as I can't believe this would be difficulty fix as it worked previously.

0 Ratings
RodT
Contributor
Message 65 of 106

Dear Moderators

The silence is deafening. How about you tell us how to contact the BT engineers dealing with the Smart Hub 2 so we can pass on our views to them directly!

Rod

0 Ratings
RGA156
Message 66 of 106

Can I add my own frustration and annoyance to this thread too? I have just upgraded from BTHub5 which supported my NTFS formatted disk drive seamlessly. Now it is useless until BT can bring the Smart Hub 2 up to the standard of its predecessor. There is no point whatsoever to having a USB port and not supporting it. This isn't rocket science!

0 Ratings
cathalmcg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 67 of 106

Waiting on a BT response has left me feeling a bit like this skellington here.

75awb

Thirsty for answers that is (note the bottle in the bottom left of the image).

I think the issue is with the obsolete SMBv1 protocol being disabled on Windows computers perhaps, this means that it does not trust any devices which use SMBv1 (i.e. BT Smart Hub 6), so BT needs their team to update the software via firmware to a more modern protocol like SMBv2 or SMBv3 so Windows will be able to trust it again thus opening up the USB connectivity.

I bought a 4TB hard drive a while ago and it seems like my options are wait for a fix from BT or to enable the obsolete SMBv1 protocol myself on my PC (and leave myself open to viruses and malware). I'll wait for a fix I think, but I hope it wont be much longer.

Probably every other customer who has a device plugged into their Homehub USB ports will be kind of miffed at this functionality being removed from their devices and a fix not being available for so long after, they maybe just haven't figured out what the cause is.

0 Ratings
RodT
Contributor
Message 68 of 106

Hi, i am sure you are right about SMB1 protocol. But by returning my Windows 10 PC to SMB1 the issue sadly was not resolved.  Something else is amiss and it was created by the aforementioned firmware update - so why can’t it be resolved?

This is not gaining BT any friends!!

Rod

0 Ratings
RodT
Contributor
Message 69 of 106

Like the pic of the BT engineer.

0 Ratings
arlehaven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 106

Why can we not just have the ability to roll back to the previous firmware before the upgrade made a mess of everything?  I reported this issue on the 6 June, three months on  and we're still waiting for a fix to the problem. This is a very sad state of customer support for a major broadband supplier.  😞

0 Ratings