Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tallmat
Contributor
Message 71 of 106

Re: Smart Hub 2 and USB

Arlehaven, I agree.

I started this post on 6th June, and yours is the 70th post. Seems that BT has stopped bothering to reply, even though all they ever said were 'engineers were working on it...'

The SMBv1 issue with some USB devices (other posters had mentioned) doesn't seem to be the cause.

BT's attitude is astonishing for the UK's largest provider of broadband and support services. For home and small business network users who rely on a simple file-share hub, BT's silence is a bit like selling a smart phone and then disabling WhatsApp or Snapchat without warning. . It's **bleep**.
0 Ratings
gi_joe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 72 of 106

I agree Tallmat, I really thought the  a moderator  would have given some sort of update I don't know of a way to contacting them directly . I tried to raise a fault via 151 but they didn't seem to understand the issue so out with this thread I really don't think anything is happening.

arlehaven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 106

Tallmat and gi_joe,

Maybe we need to keep shouting everyday and keep this post hi on the agenda, it is definitely an issue that you would have though a moderator or someone of importance would have taken an interest in considering the hi number of posts regarding this matter.  Maybe the issue isn't important enough to them.  I actually reported the problem to a dedicated 'BT Plus' team, who told me the issue was being looked into..... that was well over two months ago.  Definitely a sad state of affairs.  Lets keep shouting!!!

Tallmat
Contributor
Message 74 of 106

Good point - we need to keep the thread visible. At some point BT should realise the problem affects a lot of customers, and we're not going to fade away.

Are you aware of any other places (eg Social Media) where we should be making some noise?
0 Ratings
arlehaven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 106

I'm trying to resist the social media route at the moment but getting very tempted to contribute to the FB page 'BT Broadband sucks' !!! Still holding out for a sensible reply from a moderator. 🙂
0 Ratings
RodT
Contributor
Message 76 of 106

Like your idea. Is there any reason to hold back. Like you I reported in to the Bt Plus team to no effect at all. Not quite sure the person I spoke with really understood the issue. Whilst using the site you mentioned is an option I thought I might just start my own page and send to friends with a request to share. What seems amazing to me is that my external disc works perfectly with various pcs tvs and laptops but not with the most important thing - the network hub!

0 Ratings
Bretty1
Beginner
Message 77 of 106

Just a thought...

Have just been looking at the BT Smart Hub 2 Manager application which shows all devices connected to the hub and how they are attached.  If I click on the 'USB' box, it states 'USBDrive' and describes it as 'Direct: Mass Storage device'.

Given that it has not actually performed this role since I installed it two months ago, do I, and the rest of us' have a reasonable case against the service not being supplied by BT under the heading of 'not fit for purpose'?

Obviously, if BT say it should do something, it should do it!!!

0 Ratings
Tallmat
Contributor
Message 78 of 106

Since it seems BT isn't interested in even acknowledging there's a problem, let alone trying to fix it, I'm hugely regretting sending back the SmartHub 1 which worked perfectly.

I read a review on Techadvisor over the weekend who's verdict was:

"The new Smart Hub 2 is better, but is it worth it if you already have a Home Hub 5 or first Smart Hub ?   That depends on how big a house you have.

Because for a small home, the differences are going to be small, and mesh technology won’t help unless you have a loft conversion or other room that is too far from the main router for a good Wi-Fi connection. 

The mesh solution is aimed squarely at the small percentage of BT UK customers who have a very big home and are happy to pay a monthly fee to avoid having their friends and family whine about the Wi-Fi signal in the fifth bedroom..."

As WiFi access in our modest semi was fine, kicking myself succumbing to BT sales pitch of faster performance plus other features I don't really need.

Had we'd been told this supposed upgrade would mean the hub's network file share capability would be limited to  a  file system architecture that first surfaced in 1977 (for floppy discs), I'd never have switched.

BT - time for an answer.

pentlandsl
Beginner
Message 79 of 106

Another fortnight passes and still an eerie silence on progress from the BT team.  I don't believe they don't read these comments and are deliberately ignoring this thread.

If you are not prepared to make a quick fix then maybe at least tell us what the problem is so maybe some bright spark on here can come up with a workaround whilst you (hopefully) fix the problem you reintroduced.

Come on BT, if you have any intention of rebuilding your god-awful reputation for lousy support you have to do better than this.

Tallmat
Contributor
Message 80 of 106

Following another 10 days of silence from BT, I've sent a letter to Philip Jansen, CEO.

Including a print-out of this thread, all 48 pages of it.

I don't really expect a reply from him, actually I probably don't expect a reply from anyone at BT, but at least we've now ramped up the pressure for a solution.

0 Ratings