cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodT
Contributor
Message 81 of 138

Re: Smart Hub 2 and USB

Good idea. Do you have email address for CEO and I would love to do the same.

Rod

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 82 of 138

@RodT wrote:

Good idea. Do you have email address for CEO and I would love to do the same.

Rod

If you do, don't post it here. It is against forum rules to post any person's email address. I'm sure you will be able to find it with an Internet search.

0 Ratings
Tallmat
Contributor
Message 83 of 138

Good point re the email address.

Google search and there are email addresses for him in multiple sites. They're often fabricated, or messages will not make it past junk folders or mail-sweeper.

I sent a real letter, in the post, to the Newgate Street address in London (the BT HQ). Usually more effective.

0 Ratings
RodT
Contributor
Message 84 of 138

I naively thought it was only forum members addresses that could not be divulged!!............

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 85 of 138

Good morning,

I am very sorry that this problem has not yet been fixed, and I cant apologise enough for the delay in getting back to everyone with an update.

Our product team has been working on finding a fix for this issue and I am delighted to say that I received an update last night to say that a fix has been found 😀.  This will be rolled out in a firmware update as soon as its ready to go.  However, at this time I cannot share a date of when the new firmware will be made available.

Our developers will need to test this fix to make sure that it has the desired effect and doesn't cause any other problems.  I fully appreciate that, while I am sure you will be pleased to hear we have a fix, I am equally sure you will be disappointed that I cant tell you when this will be coming. 

Our product team will let me know when we start rolling the new firmware out and at that point I will be back here to let you all know.

In the mean time, my previous advise on a workaround still applies, 

'If you have come across the issue whereby your USB device is not being recognised by the Smart hub 2, please try and format the devices to Fat/Fat32 as it has been confirmed that this will work with the hub.  If you choose this option it's vital to remember to back up any content already on the device, before formatting.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the files system terms used above you can find more details about Fat/Fat32 file systems from the links below,

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Cheers

Sean

mike8
Contributor
Message 86 of 138

Note that windows by default will not format FAT32 for large drives. However there is a HP format tool, just and exe it does not install available to do this. You can google search for it.

Tallmat
Contributor
Message 87 of 138

@SeanD 

Great news that a fix is on the way.

We''ll wait to hear when you have a further update  as to when the firmware upgrade is imminent.

Many thanks

MP

PS: No doubt a simple coincidence this follows my recent letter to BT CEO...

RodT
Contributor
Message 88 of 138

And mine!

Jon1231
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 138

Great news, following with interest!

0 Ratings
arlehaven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 138

Thank you @SeanD  for the update, this is good news, hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the update.

Well done @Tallmat and @RodT  re the letters, i'm sure a few phone calls went down through the chain of command following their receipt.

Until the update arrives I can confirm that a 1TB usb HD formated in fat 32 will work. I've just spent the last few days moving my files from my previously attached NTSF drive and I can now access all over my network.

A great wee free tool for formating large drive can be found here, https://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html I have no affiliations with the software company.

Remember to back up any data before using any Formating or Partitioning software.