cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Smart Hub 2 repetitive high pitch beeping

Go to solution

I requested a replacement Smart Hub 2 because as soon as I setup my first one it started making a low volume, high pitched, regular, repetitive, beeping noise.

The replacement I have just setup is doing the same thing.

Doesn't annoy me but my ears are shot, but my partner, son and daughter all say that it is not acceptable to them for a device that needs to be in our sitting room because of the position of our BT master socket.

Anyone else ever experienced, and more importantly, fixed this issue?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Hub 2 repetitive high pitch beeping

Go to solution

This may sound daft, but can you plug it in to a different mains socket in a different room just for a few minutes and see if the noise disappears. No need to connect it to the phone line.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Do you have digital voice?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You may find that the noise is being generated internally by the switching voltage regulators which do have wound components (inductors) which can generate noise which depends on the amount of power used within the hardware modules, like the DECT base unit and wireless modules.

This can vary between home hubs, depending on how tightly wound are the inductors. The voltage regulators switch at quite a high frequency, but the older you are, the less likely you are to hear the noise.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

This is a bit embarrassing and thanks for all three responses, but it turns out it was my four plug mains extension cable that was on the floor immediately below the hub that was making the noise.