cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Smart Hub 2 - transfer settings from old hub to new hub

Hi

I have recently received a replacement Smart Hub 2 to replace, what BT help and I think is a failing Smart Hub 2.

I have many devices 30+ connected to the SH2, some of which are smart plugs and other smart devices.

It would be a pain to update the network connection details for all of these devices.

If I save the settings from my current SH2 and transfer them to the new Smart Hub 2, will the old SSIDs and passwords on the current SH2 transfer over to the new one?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Hub 2 - transfer settings from old hub to new hub

can you not simply change the SSID of the new hub to be the same as old SH2 and use same password and devices should connect automatically.  I would make the changes before you connect the new SH2 to the internet - just connect to power supply and connect ethernet to new hub and make changes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Whenever I have to perform a factory reset on my SH2 I save the hub config file first and reload it after the reset.  This saves all my SH2 settings (SSID’s and password) and all the network devices reconnect without any issues. If I have changed the network device names, those I have to redo manually. I would expect the config file to be cross hardware compatible, providing the firmware of each device is the same.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

In my experience, even changing SSID to existing SH2 did not “trick” some devices into thinking it was the same network.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@PS123 

having had various hub versions over the years I have always just changed SSID and password to previous hub and devices never fail to connect immediately  SSID now old HH3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

You have to connect the new hub and let it update its firmware. If they aren't the same version then the settings restore will fail.
Cheers
Ted