Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Smart Hub 2

Hi everyone!

Has anyone managed to get hold of a Smart Hub 2? Just wondering what the UI/performance is like?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart Hub 2

I've got the SmartHub 2 (I've subscribed to the BT Complete WiFi package). Can't say if it's any better or worse than the SmartHub 1 (which I had no problems with), but a 2 is needed to work with the Complete WiFi discs. If it's only the router you're interested in, and you already have the SmartHub 1, probably not worth changing IMO.

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Ok, thanks. Do you have a screenshot of what the UI looks like with the line stats etc?
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

UI is pretty similar to the SmartHub 1, so far as I can tell/remember.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

there is little difference between them but major difference is you cannot split the networks now probably to do with complete wifi discs  I have 1 disc and has helped improve wifi in my home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Oemoore64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

The smart hub 2 is one way, another it the bt app.
I guess they share some api's, but not data held on the hub.
for example hostnames can be configured on the home hub 2 but not seen in the app.
The sh2 offers a telephone connection but no way to configure it.
There are still limitations in access control.
It's dual band and not tri band.
But at least there is now an app.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jonboi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I ordered one last week, turned up within 48 hours, only took a couple of minutes to set up & am getting speeds of 70 - 74 mbps, I've had no problems, the old hub used to reset itself every so often but this had been stable for the last 6 days..I haven't set up the Wifi yet as I don't really use it.

0 Ratings