cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 111 of 221

Re: Smart Hub (6 type A) Firmware update.

Go to solution

Cicero - Thanks for checking that, so does it look as though the log file has truncated the update URL, that url you listed looks like the first part of pbthdm.bt.motive.com - which is a one of the CDNs known from previous HomeHub fw updates. However, it's the rest of the URL path that would be really useful to find.

It's possible it may try again and succeed and that time log the complete URL.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 112 of 221

Go to solution

Tried adding a screen shot but more than 300k.

when it said Firmware update starting and then ending there no entries that looked like an address at all.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 113 of 221

Go to solution

I assume you are aware that the firmware ending B540 is from 2018. There has been at least 2 updates since then ending E016 and E01E.

I believe that BT now hide the URL of the firmware file but if anyone finds it I would be please to know.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 114 of 221

Go to solution

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware that the firmware was that out of date. Why doesn't a supposed new router have or acquire the most recent firmware automatically like most devices. No wonder it's slower than the one it replaced by at least 10%. I should have guessed the firmware was a back release.

BT are supposed to phone on Saturday will be interesting to see what they say.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 115 of 221

Go to solution

Not surprisingly the new "Smart Hub" only lasted about 10 hours before rebooting. As it is several levels of firmware behind wholly predictable I would say. Checked the logs and firmware has not changed from the out of date one.

line stats the same before and after as usual apart PM speed being about 10-14% lower on download.

will be going back to the previous one later on today.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 116 of 221

Go to solution

I have just logged on and found my firmware update is August 2019. Query I have always had is when I check the WAN log it always shows 1 January and not the correct date?

00:01:57, 01 Jan.

:WAN: SENSING AUTO VDSL

00:01:21, 01 Jan.

ptm0.101:VLAN VLAN_DATA connected

00:01:20, 01 Jan.

:connection ATM_TV disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]

:connection ATM_DATA disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]

dsl:VDSL link Up: Down Rate=86431Kbps, Up Rate=19999Kbps, SNR Margin Down=0.00dB, SNR Margin Up=6.00dB

00:00:24, 01 Jan.

:WAN: ethernet as LAN

20:17:59, 05 Sep.

dsl:VDSL Link Down: duration was 1210422 seconds

20:17:59, 05 Sep.

:VLAN VLAN_DATA disconnected

00:01:55, 01 Jan.

:WAN: SENSING AUTO VDSL

00:01:17, 01 Jan.

ptm0.101:VLAN VLAN_DATA connected

:connection ATM_TV disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]

:connection ATM_DATA disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]

dsl:VDSL link Up: Down Rate=86431Kbps, Up Rate=19999Kbps, SNR Margin Down=0.00dB, SNR Margin Up=6.00dB

00:00:24, 01 Jan.

:WAN: ethernet as LAN

20:02:44, 22 Aug.

dsl:VDSL Link Down: duration was 1210417 seconds

20:02:44, 22 Aug.

:VLAN VLAN_DATA disconnected

I am happy with my speed by the max data rate is lower than it was originally was during the first several months.

Presumably DLM or rate capping.

M

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 117 of 221

Go to solution

Date/time is set to the default value after the router has rebooted.  Once a connection to the internet is made the date/time is read and set to the correct value.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 118 of 221

Go to solution

Have just gone back to my previous HUB 6 from the newer HUB 6.

I notice from the readings of the newer HUB 6 that between yesterday and today it had acquired the newer firmware.

however this did not improve performance at all.

How can two devices allegedly with same software and hardware perform so differently ?

On reconnecting the previous HUB 6 line performance immediately regained the lost 10-14% .New HUB 6 now packed in box for dire emergency use only.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 119 of 221

Go to solution

Mine usually tales a couple of weeks to "settle down" after a FW update.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 120 of 221

Go to solution

Had the expected call from BT yesterday. Operative quite convinced the new HUB had solved the problem. I said a) it was too early to say and b) it had created a further problem by lowering my speed so I put the old one back which immediately restored my speed. Was almost admonished for this, they then did a line check which  showed my speed was allegedly above what I  was legally entitled to so what was I moaning about. I said the problem I reported was random boot cycle of the HUB. Was told that I had reported line speed not HUB issues and would have to report that as a new issue ! At that point I gave up and said OK sign off this complaint as solved. Thanks and goodbye. New Hub6 in cupboard along with a Hub 5 for emergency use only.