cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magnetron
Contributor
Message 121 of 154

Re: Smart Hub (6 type A) Firmware update.

Go to solution

One day we might actually find out why the 14 day boot cycle occurs, they don't even admit to it existing. As for the random resets with no reduction in line speed or margin on re-sync who knows ?

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 122 of 154

Go to solution

Quite....the issue has been raised time and again on this  forum for at least the last three years.

0 Ratings
mike8
Contributor
Message 123 of 154

Go to solution

Could it be something to do with preventing ARP poisoning by keep changing IP addresses which happens on reboot, or is that too advanced thinking for BT. Of course you could use a non BT hub.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 124 of 154

Go to solution

If you check your noise margin DAILLY  you should find that depending on the quality of your line it constantly gets changed.  In my case it is usually lowered and when it approaches 0 on download the router reboots.  In a lot of cases this happens on a 14 day interval but occasionally varies from 2 to 3 days up to 30 days. This depends on the quality of the line.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 125 of 154

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies guys.

Currently looking at replacements, if any one has done it would be glad to know which one was used and the success of it.

As regards the noise levels I do check most days and the lowest I have seen is 5.6, usually I get 6/6.1 .

It may of course have dropped suddenly and I didnt see it.

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 126 of 154

Go to solution

I replaced my smart hub with a TP Link AC1600, but I ended up going back to the SmartHub because the range was worse. I'd had another AC1600 which became faulty but that one had a better range than the BT smarthub but its replacement wasn't as good. Given up now and waiting for some miracle router to come on the market. I'd try the new BT Hub whole home thingamy but neighbours have it and aren't terribly pleased with it - and I don't like the fact that you can't split the 2.4 from the 5ghz either as I find that really useful.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 127 of 154

Go to solution

Hi Burney .for all its faults you can separate the bands, just go into the hub manager and then wireless and move the slider to separate bands on and it generates another SSID. Same password for both if you want.

Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 128 of 154

Go to solution
Thanks. I thought I'd read somewhere you couldn't do that with the disc system. Hmm...maybe I'll consider it then.
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 129 of 154

Go to solution

Hub with firmware SG4B1000E01E has stayed connected for 27 days and is continuing. During this time the noise level has remained steady. The bad news is that the download has slowed by around 25% and this is probably causing the line to be more stable.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 130 of 154

Go to solution

Thanks for update...mine is still struggling to make 7 days.  Speeds are pretty static 35 down 11 up.

Disappointed by the absence of comment from BT on the issue.

0 Ratings