cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djsisson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 128

Re: Smart Hub (6 type A) Firmware update.

Go to solution

Yeah this latest update seems to have totally messed something up

It updated on 10th of August and since then

It now resets randomly and once it starts it does it quite a few times after in quick successsion

My SNR margin went from 3db to 6db

and my VDSL link Up: Down Rate went from around 40Mbps down to 15Mbps

It just won't stay on long enough to get better, it even resets while it's resetting

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 92 of 128

Go to solution

Hi just a few minutes ago mine rebooted and now has the updated firmware. Hope I don't have the same as you, will keep you posted.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 93 of 128

Go to solution

djsisson, re message 91, I recommend you raise this as a new thread as your problem is likely to be unique to you. By all means cross refer to this thread. The new thread should get you more direct help.

Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 94 of 128

Go to solution

My dumb HUB just rebooted after 3 1/2 days.....so much for the new firmware......

in in looking back through the myriad of posts on this two themes  emerge :-

BT have not explained why this happens. ( The problem is at least 3 years old).

BT have not offered any fix to this issue and have no interest in solving the issue, various firmware bodges seemingly make no difference.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 95 of 128

Go to solution

In my case the reboot occurs when the down noise margin reduces to 0.  The reboot causes the noise margin to be increased to a sensible value around 6 to 8 db.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 128

Go to solution

Thanks for that. My noise margins are always round 5.8 to 6.1 before and after any reboot.

I have lodged a complaint with BT asking that the HUB is replaced with a device that will stay up for at least 14 days the same as HUB 5 used to, and reboots on a predictable not random cycle.

Alternatively if BT cannot do this then provide me with adequate compensation to buy a device that will stay up for at least 14 days, preferably longer.

i have a complaint number so it is registered.

Will keep you posted..

0 Ratings
Magnetron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 97 of 128

Go to solution

Just noticed mine rebooted about 3 days ago, as with yours the margins are the same before and after the reboot.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 98 of 128

Go to solution

Hi thanks again for update.

I have checked my speed checker results from March 2016 to present date.

From March 2016 to until April 2018 my line had a profile of 38mb down 11.8 up ping 18-20 ms. HUB5

Had a new Hub5 April 2018. Profile remained the same as above.

In Dec 18 had problems speed dropped to 32mb down up 11.4 ping suddenly went to 26-27 MS. Same Hub. 

In Feb 2019 following line issues Hub6 installed profile 32-34 down 11.2 up, ping 26-27ms

In March 2019 profile suddenly changed to what it was in March 2016, Ping 16-17 ms .

so who had changed what at this point ?

this lasted for a week or so then it dropped back to same as Feb 2019 and stayed like that until June 2019.

In June 2019 the profile altered again to the same as March 2019, this lasted for 2 weeks, since then the profile  has stuck at 33-35 down, 11.4 down, ping 25-27.

there is little doubt that the speeds I get now are considerably less, at least 10% than I used to get in 2016.

In all cases I used the same target server so we are comparing like with like.

so much for progress....

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 99 of 128

Go to solution

Are you using the Event Log set to Wan to monitor your Hub ?  Example below:

WanEventLog.JPG

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 100 of 128

Go to solution

Yes thanks for that, I have used this though it only seems to go back a month. Still helpful though mine has gone down 5 times so far ! 

0 Ratings