cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samtheaspie
Contributor
Message 301 of 305

Re: Smart Hub (6 type A) Firmware update.

Go to solution

That is amazing!! I must admit after 14 days i was expecting a reboot... but 84days! Christ! Well. New firmware is fine just my only bug bear is that splitting of the bands toggle is missing

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 302 of 305

Go to solution

Thanks Samtheaspie.

I too am amazed, will keep you posted on progress…

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 303 of 305

Go to solution

Hi Guys

Since the last update I noticed the Hub had rebooted already after a day and a half.

However further examination revealed yet another Firmware update last night.

I note now  the toggle to split networks has gone, but it has retained the settings I had so I still have the two SSID's.

I have a toggle to turn off either network though why you would want do that I am not sure, especially the 2.4Ghz.

I can access each one to change Channels if need be.

Will keep you posted, see how long it stays up for this time.

I notice entering commands to read logs is a bit slower than previous.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 304 of 305

Go to solution

Well guys I can only conclude that the same philosophy applies to hub software that applies to BT Cloud, ie each upgrade of software/firmware is designed to make the product worse.

Since the last upgrade to my Type B it has suffered degradation in signal strength particularly on the 5 ghz wavelength. Upload speed dropped from 10-11 mbps to 2 or 3.

2.4 ghz upload seems ok at around 10-11.

Any change I do, ie a channel change takes minutes to be saved, it used to be almost instantaneous before.

My IPad Air keeps losing the 5ghz SSID saying it can’t connect.

Bearing in mind this hardware device stood up for 84 days under an old release of Firmware until I forced a reboot, wish I had left it now, there can be little doubt the problems are in the Firmware.

Will keep monitoring and perhaps as a last resort will reset to default which will presumably use one SSID.

0 Ratings
samtheaspie
Contributor
Message 305 of 305

Go to solution

And this is what I also found with my type B

I dont get why the firmware cripples it so much. I have a feeling its not been fully tested.

However, before I left BT i used it as a modem and go my netgear to behave as a WAP. 

Shame... 

0 Ratings