cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 88

Re: Smart Hub (6 type A) Firmware update.

Go to solution

Mine says it was updated on 19th May.....made absolutely no difference to the 7 day reboot syndrome.

It really is time BT sorted this out.

0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 32 of 88

Go to solution

I would agree but no one seems to want to do anything about it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 88

Go to solution

Having been a sufferer I think it is just annoying and as it does not have any effect on your connection speed I doubt any changes will happen. It is not even hub specific

if like me it can just stop all of a sudden

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 88

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

Having worked in the IT industry for over 35 years I am both amazed and appalled that a company of the size and resources that BT has, has allowed the situation we have to endure over the last few years. With its heavy investment in BT Sport especially in football it cannot guarantee that you will watch a match without interruption, or any other sport due to a failure in its delivery mechanism. The lethargy it has shown towards the problem is quite frankly breathtaking. It is either ignoring the way people use communication or does not care, thousands of people use on line games that are likely to be interrupted, video calls cannot be guranteed along with other services such as on-line banking. Surely it is not beyond BT to issue a firmware fix or even worse patch the central service facility if it is not a router problem.

To issue statements that it "will go away" when in many cases it hasn't is beyond disappointing what is the point of a high speed line that will suddenly reboot after a 7 day interval over which the customer has no control and thus cannot determine the time of day the interruption occurs.

BT needs to take this problem seriously and fix it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 88

Go to solution

Sorry but if your reset problem  is the same as the one I had then you could predict when the drop will happen as it was fairly consistent. I overcame the problems you mention by resetting the hub at a time that the hub was never in use and that way it dropped after 14days but at a time the hub was not in use. The drop time does 'drift' and all I did was reset at the convenient time again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 88

Go to solution

Just over 24 hours ago I did a reset so will see what happens. I would question the data figures against my devices, have I really downloaded 97gb since I reset my HUB yesterday, I think not. The figures don't reset on restart of my Hub.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 88

Go to solution

As you say it does drift...my Hub managed 22 hours before it rebooted yesterday.....great control and predictability.  

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 88

Go to solution

Great improvement Hub stayed up for 8 days.....

0 Ratings
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 39 of 88

Go to solution

I'm still away but my smart hub seems to be rebooting at random intervals, 14 days, 5 days, 11 days, so not back to normal after the firmware update as I first thought, but at least it's working and I can access my cameras etc.

I'll be home in 2 weeks so I'll do a factory reset then to see if that fixes it.

0 Ratings
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 88

Go to solution

Lol , mine has changed to a 7 day reboot since the firmware was updated. 

0 Ratings