cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magnetron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 88

Re: Smart Hub (6 type A) Firmware update.

Go to solution

So it rebooted overnight, interestingly the logs are now back and it was a "soft" reset in the log rather than a "power" reset. I can't remember what it looks like in the TR69 log but it might be that it has downloaded the latest firmware pending install. Currently on SG4B1000E016 but seems there could be a later version.

0 Ratings
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 62 of 88

Go to solution

I wonder if there are various firmware versions to suit different hardware versions?

0 Ratings
Magnetron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 88

Go to solution

Yes there are depending on the type and manufacturer 😀

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 88

Go to solution

Hi Magnetron thanks for the update. Mine is still lurching round the 7 day interval and still no firmware update. Thankfully I managed to watch MotoGP over the weekend without a reboot during the proceedings.  

0 Ratings
mike8
Contributor
Message 65 of 88

Go to solution
It is a pity that the firmware doesnt understand not to reboot whilst hub is in use. Is that just too difficult for BT?
0 Ratings
Magnetron
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 88

Go to solution

Hello again, firmware updated overnight to version SG4B1000E01E. Let's see how long it runs now before a reboot.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 67 of 88

Go to solution

Thanks for that, be interested to see how you get on.

Mine is still on the release that ends in E016, might force  reboot to see what happens.

0 Ratings
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 68 of 88

Go to solution

Does anyone know if MU MIMO is now active and if so from what F/W version?

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 69 of 88

Go to solution

There I was , thought I would reboot before letting grandchildren on to the Xbox. Maybe I could avoid that inconvenient reboot during a game. Ho Ho caught me didnt it, just at the end of 17gb of a 21Gb download, bang another reboot less than 15 hours after the manual one I did. Mercifully the Xbox is far more sophisticated than the HUB and rectified the situation.  Meanwhile BT blast TV ads telling us how much they guarantee speed, not a word that their Hubs collapse on a random basis and they are doing absolutely nothing about it. Compared to what I get currently a predictable 14 day collapse would be a luxury.

0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 70 of 88

Go to solution

I use to have the usual 14 day reboot but have noticed recently it is rebooting during the night every couple of days or so.

0 Ratings