cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Smart Hub Manager fails to detect connected devices

I was recently upgraded from VDSL to Gfast, which involved a new Smart Hub 2 router being delivered to replace my Hub 6 and an upgraded master socket being installed by an engineer.  So far, after a couple of weeks use, it seems to be working great with consistent speeds in the expected range.

However I have noticed that a couple of wireless devices (both printers, but that may just be a coincidence) don't seem to be recognised by the new Smart Hub Manager, even though they are definitely connected to the network.  Both printers are on static IP addresses, at 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.76 respectively: exactly the same addresses that they were used on the previous Hub6.  However, logging in to the Smart Hub Manager at 192.168.1.254 doesn't show any devices connected to these addresses, whether in the total device list or on either 2.4GHz or 5GHz wireless connected list individually.   Pinging these addresses responds in a few msec and printing works fine from any computer on the network, so they are definitely connected to the router.    It is a bit concerning that something could connect to the network through the Smart Hub and not be recognised by it.

Any ideas why these devices don't show up on the Smart Hub Manager page?  I have scanned all of the available IP addresses and I am fairly sure that these are the only devices that the manager doesn't see at the moment.    Also tried power cycling the devices  but the Hub Manager still won't find them, although they do reconnect successfully and consistently.  Reluctant to restart the Hub so that it doesn't drop the connection speed during its "training" period.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Hub Manager fails to detect connected devices

there are other similar posts to yours and it is a known problem of BT hubs 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks,

I did a search for Smart Hub 2 posts but couldn't find any reporting the same problem.  If its a known problem then I guess I should just wait for a firmware update.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

You could be waiting a long time, the network map has been dire on all BT hubs since  time immemorial.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It worked fine on all of my previous hubs, including the most recent Hub6, which is why I was surprised the SH2 couldn't see these devices.  However, they are there and a simple network scan finds them, so its more an irritation than a problem.

0 Ratings