cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 33

Smart Hub latest Firmware

My hub received the latest Firmware overnight to SG4B1000B540 (from ...B522).

Noticed no change in performance. Band Steering (Wave 2) still not present or the option to enable it, in fact the option switch was removed 2 updates ago. This hub was launched nearly 2 years ago with all the promises, but none delivered. Even the Smart Hub advert has been banned by ASA!

Having said this, my hub has been reliable ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 33

Re: Smart Hub latest Firmware

@Dippu wrote:

Noticed no change in performance. Band Steering (Wave 2) still not present or the option to enable it, in fact the option switch was removed 2 updates ago. This hub was launched nearly 2 years ago with all the promises, but none delivered. Even the Smart Hub advert has been banned by ASA!

Pleased to see that Iโ€™m not the only user to see this update......awaiting further comments / information.

The only visible change atm is that you longer see the max  data speed, only speed. You now have to use the speed test to access that info. Can you decipher the event logs?

Agree that it has been reliable, though.

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 3 of 33

These firmware updates are coming thick and fast. Iโ€™ve had my hub about 10 months now and this must be the 4th or 5th update. When I get it that is.. 

I canโ€™t fault my smart hub either itโ€™s always been perfect. 

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 33

@Ribblelancswrote:

@Dippuwrote:

Pleased to see that Iโ€™m not the only user to see this update......awaiting further comments / information.

The only visible change atm is that you longer see the max  data speed, only speed. You now have to use the speed test to access that info. Can you decipher the event logs?

Max data rate is is shown in the information in the technical log.

My hub synced slightly higher when it restarted as part of the upgrade. Could just be coincidence though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 33

@jparnell82 wrote:

@Ribblelancswrote:

@Dippuwrote:

Max data rate is is shown in the information in the technical log.

My hub synced slightly higher when it restarted as part of the upgrade. Could just be coincidence though.
--------------------------------------

Yes! You are correct. Good point, and well spotted.
It depends on the noise levels at the time of reconnect  to determine this sync speed parameter.
Mine is now sitting at a noise margin of 2.8dB, but will vary during the day.

The Max data rate was previously available without having to login.

Now you have to login to see that information.

Still running well. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ojobson
Contributor
Message 6 of 33

Interesting - my FTTH broadband was installed on the 4th of May and the new hub updated itself to B522. What product do you have, and do you have Ultrafast?

I wonder if certain firmwares are for particular products...

Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 33

I'm on ADSL 2+ , but as far as I know all hubs (eventually! ) get updated to the same revision regardless of the Product.

0 Ratings
ojobson
Contributor
Message 8 of 33

OK - interesting. I must say I'm impressed with the Smart Hub. The last time I was on BT was at teh time of the Home Hub 3, which was already quite good.

The new Smart Hub has strong wifi signal in the parts of the house that the Sky Q hub, installed in the same location, couldn't reach very well.

It also took me no time at all to configure my firewall settings and port forwarding (which is one of the bits about moving ISP that I dread!).

sjch67
Beginner
Message 9 of 33

Hi All,

Anyone noticed an issue with Port Forwarding on the latest Firmware for the Hub 6 Version SG4B1000B540, issued on the 10th April.

A recent phone call to customer service has confirmed that this has been broken, just wondered if there is a fix, or maybe when BT will rectify this issue? 

0 Ratings
Osbornerk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 33

My port forwarding still works for my security cam with latest update!

0 Ratings