cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ojobson
Contributor
Message 21 of 33

Re: Smart Hub latest Firmware

What service do you have? Do you have VDSL or fibre? Is it Ultimate?
Contributor
Message 22 of 33

I have Superfast fibre 1 unlimited but had a free speed boost up to Superfast fibre 2 a while back. Downloads between 60 and 70 usually.

It’s  FTTC.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 23 of 33

@skier1 wrote:

Just checked mine and firmware is  0.09.05.11160. Is that a later or earlier release.

Good morning folks,

I can confirm that the two different firmware versions mentioned on this thread are both the most recent for the BT Smart hub  Smiley Surprised

SG4B1000B540 is the current firmware version of the Smart hub version A

v0.09.05.11160-BT is the current firmware version of the Smart hub type B

@sjch67 & @drguiom, I am sorry to hear that you are having problem with port forwarding.  After reading your comments I reached out to our product team and they have confirmed that there are no known issues with port forwarding.  We would however like to take a closer peek?

Can you please drop us an email so we can investigate the problem you describe?  If you click on my username (SeanD) and go to my profile you will find the 'Mods contact' link under my name.  Fill in your details and we will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Sean                                                                                 

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
drguiom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 33

@SeanD thanks. I have sent you some info direct. Can provide further detailed info as required. 

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 25 of 33

Thank you @drguiom, we will be in touch as soon as possible Smiley Wink

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Zurdo
Contributor
Message 26 of 33

Thanks for clearing that up Sean. I can confirm that according to the back label mine is a type B. There’s nothing in the log file re A or B and I never thought to check because it has the standard 4 yellow lan ports, no red Wan port!

0 Ratings
MarkySparky
Beginner
Message 27 of 33

Hi,

Im also having port forwarding issues with this release of firmware on type A Smart Hub.

Can you confirm if BT have looked into this issue. My QNAP uses UPnP to setup port forwarding but the hub no longer sets them up correctly after this update.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Ratings
MarkySparky
Beginner
Message 28 of 33

Hi,
I have the same issue with this update. Since updating, my QNAP no longer works correctly. It seems that UPnP port forwarding Is longer working correctly since some ports are forwarded and others are not. The result is that only certain parts of the QNAP NAS and it’s services are working. The QNAP just reports “error” for some of the ports when you try to force them to the BT hub through the web server interface.

Hopefully BT will fix this soon otherwise I’ll be going back to Sky since my QNAP NAS is one of my most expensive purchases and worked fine until this update.
0 Ratings
Phi1ip
Beginner
Message 29 of 33

My Business Smart Hub firmware updated a  few days ago to SG4B1B008198.

Probably worth checking if yours has updated & seeing if this has made any difference to the problems you were having. I don't know if BT do release notes!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 33

@Phi1ipwrote:

My Business Smart Hub firmware updated a  few days ago to SG4B1B008198.

Probably worth checking if yours has updated & seeing if this has made any difference to the problems you were having. I don't know if BT do release notes!

Business hub firmware is different to the residential hubs also BT do not do release notes

0 Ratings