cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HairyFool
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Smart Hub performance

I currently use  a TP link VDSL router in place of a Smart Hub. This causes problems whenever I  have connection issues because BT want to use their hub to run diagnostics against.

I have the Smart Hub but cannot use it because if I do it suffers from poor internal netork performance and the Web management interface is grindingly slow. This has occurred with three different Smart Hubs but with the 3rd party router everything mostly works OK, not brilliantly but the TD-W9970 is itself not exactly high end.

The network is not excessively complex but has a couple of small switches for wired connections  so none connect directly to the router. Another router port connects to a Home Hotspot kit with two remote ends to extend the wi-fi network.

Is there any difference in the specs of the Business Hub vs the Home Hub range that indicates better performance as there is an opportunity to use one of them instead. BT make much of the performance of their new hubs but I see no evidence of this in practice.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Hub performance

If its a 'free' opportunity, try it and see, if not I wouldn't bother and stick with the slight inconvenience if you have line problems.

0 Ratings
HairyFool
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Anybody else experience this with the BT Smart Hub? Internal network appears unreliable and the web management interface redraw is abysmally slow
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

0 Ratings
HairyFool
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

That was the 1st thing done every time. It appears as if the internal processor is being absolutely hammered but the TP-Link has no problems. I find it hard to believe my network is making excessive demands but if the hardware is basically the same between the Business and the Home hub even a small company network could easily have more than I do in use.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

I used the hh6 and now the SH2 and have no problems with my internal network  streaming from my pc to devices around my home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings