cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kylecadman
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Smart Monitor Error 8757

Hi there,  I was hoping that someone could help me with this. This is now our 3rd smart baby monitor from BT and each one we have had a different issue.

I've got the BT app so I can connect to the camera, the camera will show up when I go to add it as a device on the app but it will not connect. It will eventually time out and show error code 8757 and the camera will say "setup failed, restart setup, error code 1" 

If someone could help me with this, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

20200417_211028.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
MJay
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Monitor Error 8757

Hi,
You might be seeing Error code 8757 due to a temporary loss of communication during the pairing process of the Camera and your mobile device.
If you are still experiencing issues pairing the Camera to your device it might be worth checking the following:
If you have Wi-Fi repeaters make sure you are close to one of the disks and not on the edge of the signal of one of the disks during the setup process.

If you are not using Wi-Fi repeaters ensure your Mobile device and Camera are close to your Wi-fi signal, and try not to move the device during the setup process.

Turn off the Data connection on your mobile device before starting the setup process.

Hope these suggestions are of help.
0 Ratings
Kylecadman
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Unfortunately I've tried this, I've got my mobile and camera not even a meter away from my router, we don't have any wifi repeaters and still, it will not connect and come up with the same error.

0 Ratings
MJay
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry that hasn't worked.
My only other suggestion is if you are using a Mobile device running Android OS you could try temporarily turning off the following WiFi options which might stop your Android device switching away from your WiFi network during the pairing process:
Switch off Smart Network Switch
Switch off Auto Network Switch
Switch off scanning always available option
Other than that I can suggest contacting the Product Support Helpdesk.
The details are
By phone: 0808 100 0255
or
email:smartcontrols@bt.com
0 Ratings
diarmaidcarr
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

I am having the same issue setting up my smart baby monitor. When trying to pair it with my phone, the phone recognises the camera but when I pair, the phone disconnects from wifi and then about 60 seconds later device says pairing has failed error 1. 

I have tried the steps you mentioned above but still have the same issues.

Thank you

Diarmaid

0 Ratings