Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nostra999
Contributor
Message 1 of 28

Smart hub 2 and wifi disc disconnects

Go to solution
Hi I upgraded to smart hub 2 with wifi disc on Friday and tried setting up today. It went fairly seemlesly and initially all was good. Then I lost connection after about 2 hours on all wired and wireless devices.i could see the Wi-fi link but not connect to it.

Wired BTTV also stated no connection. I power cycled and it returned working and then 1 hour same problem and again so 4 times so far today. While I couldn’t access the light was solid blue on smart hub but red on Wi-fi disc.

The original home hub I was using no problems at all only since moving to smart hub 2.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues to this with the new kit?

Thanks - technical details to follow.

Product code:Smart Hub 2
Serial number:+091298+183300****
Firmware version:v0.11.00.09070-BT
Firmware updated:Sun Jan 13 08:12:07 2019
Board version:R01
GUI version:1.53a 29_08_2018
DSL uptime:0 days,00 Hours46 Mins34 Secs
Data rate:20 Mbps / 61.358 Mbps
Maximum data rate:24.475 Mbps / 62.516 Mbps
Noise margin:6.9 / 6.2
Line attenuation:14.1 / 23.2
Signal attenuation:14.0 / 23.7
VLAN id:101
Upstream error control:Off
Downstream error control:Off
Data sent / received:65.9 MB Uploaded / 641.3 MB Downloaded
Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:Activated
2.4 GHz wireless network name:nostra
2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel1)
5 GHz wireless network name:nostra
5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel36)
Wireless security:WPA2
Wireless mode:Mode 1
Firewall:On
MAC address:4C:1B:86:79:8E:9C
Software variant:-
Boot loader: 0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)
0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 28

Re: Smart hub 2 and wifi disc disconnects

Go to solution

Hi.

I configured my new smart hub & disc on Thursday and I am seeing similar issues. My disc works for a while then turns red. I have noticed the odd connection issue to the hub. I have switched my disc off for now as I am expecting another disc tomorrow or Tuesday. I plan to test.

I have factory reset the hub & the disc but the disc still goes red after an hour or two. I have had the disc within a few feet of the hub in direct line but it still fails.  

Thanks

0 Ratings
nostra999
Contributor
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution
Hey thanks for the reply does it also affect any wired items you might have? I’m waiting for it to crash again then I will try turning off the Wi-fi disc to see if that resolves it crashing. At least it will narrow it down.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

Hi

I believe it's just wifi. See an older post about switching Smart Setup off within the hub. Just done this will power down both devices then see how it goes. I suspect my son will let me know when it goes down. Will let you know the up time.

Thanks

0 Ratings
nostra999
Contributor
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution
Thanks smart setup was the first thing I turned off when I setup from previous experience. It’s affecting every connection wired and wireless for me as if the router just becomes unresponsive.

I will let you know how I get on but imagine it will crash out soon again.

Thanks
0 Ratings
nostra999
Contributor
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution
Crashed again disconnected Wi-fi disc and restarted hub to see if restart issue persists
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

The same happened to me. Disc failed about 30 minutes after I setup up the disc. The disc is a matter of a few feet from it so nothing that could cause poor connection.

I have switched the disc off again. Not practical to have a disk that loses connection regulary in a family home.

Thanks

0 Ratings
nostra999
Contributor
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution
12 hour update after turning off Wi-fi discs. Smart hub has been working perfectly and no crashes. Looks like the Wi-fi disc is conflicting somehow maybe messing dhcp up for all connections?

Will leave it run then factory reset the Wi-fi disc tonight.
0 Ratings
Gadgyt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution
I think this is the problem I've been having, factory resetting hub and discs only lasted for a few hours but switching off a disc that showed a red light seems to have worked, I have switched the disc back on now and it has been working for 48 hours. BT have sent me a replacement hub but I don't really want to mess with anything whilst it is working.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks for posting and I am sorry to see you're having this problem.

I have sent you each instructions via private message on how to send us over your details and we'll look into this.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings