cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Smart hub 3

Hi is their any update of when the release of the new WiFi 6 hub will be so I can get the most out of my ffttp 900 ? the current smart hub 2 is not really fit for purpose? Thanks 

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Smart hub 3

No

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

Shame really as virgin have already released theirs with greater speeds my contract ends soon so I’ll be tempted to move 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

@Ben36551 wrote:

Hi is their any update of when the release of the new WiFi 6 hub will be so I can get the most out of my ffttp 900 ? the current smart hub 2 is not really fit for purpose? Thanks 

I doubt if any of your wireless devices would cope with the higher speed anyway. To get the most out of FTTP 900, use Ethernet connected devices.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Family of 4 all with more or less the latest iPhones , ps5 and Xbox x also iPad all WiFi 6 Capable

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

@Ben36551 wrote:

Family of 4 all with more or less the latest iPhones , ps5 and Xbox x also iPad all WiFi 6 Capable

Then, provided you do not use BT Digital voice, buy your own third party router with WiFi 6, or buy a WiFi 6 Wireless Access point and plug it into the Smart Hub 2. The Netgear WAX610 is one example. https://www.netgear.com/support/product/wax610.aspx

There are probably other cheaper devices.

Message 7 of 24

Hi @Ben36551 

The Smart Hub is always going to be a mass market product. If you want bells and whistles you can always add on WiFi 6.

https://shop.bt.com/brands/bt/whole-home-wi-fi-6

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

Even on cable with ps5 and series x or wifi 6 you are not going to ever get the full bandwidth as they limit it to about 250mbps.

Wifi 5 on my pixel and laptop i average 450 - 550 mbps which is more than enough.

If i need the full bandwidth (also dependant on source you are downloading from) i use my main workstation.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

But is the discs only true wifi 6 when interfacing with a wifi 6 router, unless you are running them on ethernet 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

@Ben36551wrote:

Things can change, but the last (very informed) rumour was that the new Smart Hub 3 would be made available on EE, not BT as part of the move to launch it as the new consumer focussed brand.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings