cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: Smart hub 6 latest firmware update please?

Go to solution

Thanks for all the replies!   While on the online chat, the rep opened a complaint for me as I wasn't happy about the firmware not being up-to-date.  She told me that SG4B1000E020 was the latest version but I kept telling her that I knew that SG4B1000E079 was actually the latest (thanks to this forum!)

Anyway, I looked up the complaint and she'd raised it then closed it.  I then reopened it and put in the details about the latest release etc and someone called me back; a very helpful chap called Cahal.  He did say that he'd never heard of anyone asking for the firmware to be updated by them manually but along with a colleague they managed to do it and the router is now on SG4B1000E079.  

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

Sounds nice, and my 6A still SG4B1000B540, and TR069 connectivity to (pbthdmw.bt.m) has failed,unable to send Inform message.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

My SmartHub has never had the 14 day cycle of previous hubs, i just assumed they had stopped doing it.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

For info.  My Home Hub 6 has just (22 Feb 2023) received a firmware update to SG4B1000E081

Regards

Stewart

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution
My 6A updated to SG4B1000E081 on 26th Feb 2023. Does anyone know what changes were implemented in this update?
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

Wilf21

I have noticed that since the Firmware Update, that I received on 26-2-23 is that my Android equipment will no longer connect to my WD Pasport2 remote drive that is plugged into my network via the USB port in the back of the BTHub6a. I am trying to report this to BT but having trouble getting to speak to anyone. Have you noticed any problems?

ChrisN56

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution
I got this router from ebay in January - unused. and it came marked BT Smart Hub 6'Business'. The firmware on this is SG4B1B0092C4 last dated July 2020. I use separate bands and label them accordingly and so don't want any update that's hanging around!
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

Yes! Same issue.(firmware ver SG4B1000E081) ..many hours spent looking at this, can't seem to connect to the usb using anonymous login. Also noticed win11 pcs would connect to usb using their existing mapped shares, however if deleted it's then not possible to map a share to the Hub6 usb.  I'm pretty sure it was this update that broke the usb sharing.   Any ideas??  In windows SMB1 is enabled, share via \\192.168.1.254\usb1.   Various file manage apps on Android all seem unable to connect to the USB

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

Hi SteveinloW.

I was not able to correct the problem with the HomeHub6 I had to upgrade to halo to get a smart hub 2. That solved the problem until I got a Windows11 machine then there was a problem with SMB1 not being loaded as standard due to risks from Malware and Ransomware. There is a way to load SMB1 if you check out the internet. 

Thanks Chris.

0 Ratings