cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

SmartHub2 and Complete Wifi network dropouts

I've got a SmartHub2 and 2 Complete wifi discs. It was all working well for many months - both discs gave very solid performance at 5ghz, but since the latest firmware upgrade (v0.17.01.12301-BT) in March I've had continuous issues with the discs either dropping down to 2.4ghz between the discs and the hub or devices that connect to them losing connection altogether - rebooting the discs sorts out the problem for a time but then it happens again after a few days. I've reset all 3 to factory defaults and  spoken to BT broadband support who said that they'd have told me to do the same but couldn't offer any other advice. The only thing I've noticed is that the 2 discs are still on the old firmware (0.16.00.07230) whereas in the past, they've been upgraded at the same time as the SmartHub2. The support guy said that he didn't know what firmware they should be on or if that is what happens normally. Anything that connects directly to the Hub is still working well.

Does anyone have any experience of this or any ideas?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: SmartHub2 and Complete Wifi network dropouts

Hi IanB3, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your Complete wifi signal dropping out. Have you ran the complete wifi trouble shooter in MyBT yet? You need to login with your BT ID and it will run diagnostics on your discs. 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I have. It says there are devices “struggling “ on the network and says I have to phone the Helpdesk as it can’t resolve the problem on line. I’ve already done this. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

@IanB3, we'll be happy to take a look at this for you, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I have the same mismatch in my disc firmware in relation to the hub.  I'm experiencing problems in that the hub UI and app show no devices connected to the discs, even though I'm pretty sure there are!  The UI shows all devices connected to the hub directly, even though they are close to the disc (and far from the hub).

Is it "normal" to have different firmware versions on hub and discs?

For clarity, I'm using SmartHub2 and Complete wifi (black discs)

Thanks!

DjP

0 Ratings